Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 69 Camaro ProMod 7/22/14 motor painted

Romell R

honestly Romell, i think that engine block/head effort looks horrible. would you rather me be completely honest with you or fill your head up with a bunch of false praise that's going to do absolutely nothing for you but inflate your ego? i don't work with brass but if i did and i wanted to make the head and engine block or parts that you are attempting i wouldn't be going at it the way you are with all of that brass sheet and the hand tools you are apparently using. IMO those parts are going to require blocks of brass or aluminum and a mill. IIRC you have both a lathe and a mill correct? why arent you using those tools?

i'm not picking on you or trying to start a fight here. i think your "fans" are leading you in the wrong direction with thier false praise comments, i think you can do better than what you are. if it were me i'd be scratchbuilding what you are from styrene, maybe aluminum. if you want to stick with brass then good for you, but i think you are going about the whole thing wrong and using the wrong tools.

Thanks for your honest opinion Dave Its true my mill would make things alot easyer, but I cant use my mill as of right now because my shop has been dismanteled because of my move. I believe I can make a go of it with the tools I have at hand and i believe i can make em look good. As a matter of fact they are (the parts) starting take shape. What you have seen so far are early works alot of refinements have taken place since the first photos were taken. I invite you to stay tunned and see how it all turns out. B)

Rom - I'm waiting for the smoothed out version you mentioned above. Are you doing it with putty?

I don't think I read why you're using brass and not plastic.

With your labor on this, it'd be less expensive to buy a resin engine. But don't let me take the fun away from you!

Thanks for your honest opinion Dave Its true my mill would make things alot easyer, but I cant use my mill as of right now because my shop has been dismanteled because of my move. I believe I can make a go of it with the tools I have at hand and i believe i can make em look good. As a matter of fact they are (the parts) starting take shape. What you have seen so far are early works alot of refinements have taken place since the first photos were taken. I invite you to stay tunned and see how it all turns out. B)

I appreciate the honest, but not malicious criticism, and the graceful acknowledgment of it. Not all criticisms and responses go this well on this forum or others. Good job guys.

Work in progress will not change the fact that the manifold bolts & holes are not symmetrical, and the basic piece doesn't match the prototype.

Just keep ur eye on the prize and it'll all work its self out.

Rom... Great work man. I know there is a lot of detail that you will be working out on these heads and they will look great when done. I know its a lot of work to do these all out of brass. Looking forward to your next update.

I rather not lower my standards.

If thats the case your lowering your so called standards by even replying in my thread, why dont you do yourself a favor and find better hunting grounds. Ive done my best to keep things civil with you Michael and over look the fact that you have been harassing me since I banned your buddy. Edited by Romell R

I agree so sick and tired of going in forums and everybody thinks there better than the next guy it's freakin stupid . And I'm not taking sides here but I could careless I build because I love to build and I'm pretty sure thats why everybody in this and other forums build or at least at one time they did before they got some stupid keyboard warrior complex.Everybody needs to get over themselfs and build what they want to build and if other people dont like it tough all they have to do is shut-up!

Like I said I'm not taking sides on this or any other subject but like Prostreet said GROW UP and build .

I completely agree. Enjoy the work that is shown here, if this is not the area of interest then check out other issues, but don't make it a personal thing to start annoying the author of a thread or anyone else for that matter. (My 2 cents, without taking any side).

Mark

I look at it this way we are here to learn off each other or help those that want to try different things with there models . I didnt see a contest post anywhere so why make it one. Kids come here and see this ###### going on and do you really think they want to keep building ? They have enough on there plate in school with bullying and everything else. We owe it to them and each other to grow up and try to make the hobby some place where all of us can lose ourselfs building no matter how bad our day was or whats on our plates,we need to guide the next gen. of builders the right way so they can pass it down to there kids.

Constructive criticism aims to show that the intent or purpose of something is better served by an alternative approach. In this case, making the criticism is not necessarily deemed wrong, and its purpose is respected; rather, it is claimed that the same goal could be better achieved via a different route. Constructive criticisms are often suggestions for improvement - how things could be done better or more acceptably. They draw attention to how an identified problem could be solved, or how it could be solved better. YOUR DOING IT WRONG !Stiring the pot doesnt count !

Edited by thumper86

To me this sounds like a blatant abuse of power.

Does it really ?? or could it be you dont know the whole story?? :blink:

Honestly I post my work for the benifit of others , it takes time to build and document a build. I post pics of works in progress and the finished work so that people can see the steps it takes to get from point "A" to point "B" so that if anyone has any questions they can ask and hopefully I can give a answer that helps. When people give constructive criticism its accepted kindly and alls good in the hood. But if im harassed or insulted am I exspected to lay down and just take it? Well I try that, and when I do the same people keep comming back and doing the same.

What you dont see is when I try to go to these same people in a PM to try to work out any differances we may have. What eles you dont get to see is the insults I recieve in return. This all makes me tired to the point I dont even want to share my work, but i do for the sake of the guys who uphold honorable standards and truely enjoy the art of modelling, those who come to learn and teach.

If I give a guy a PM Im extending the peace pipe if he refuses then I have the right as a mod to take apporpriate steps, Im tired of the fire starters and pot stirers, they are the only thing that hold this forum back from being the best model building forum around. So dont get upset when I do my job and want to get rid of the problems.

Right behind you Rom, I for one very much enjoy seeing your how-to's, pointing out things I see that might or might not be wrong, after seeing all the great stuff you did on the "War Path", I know that some things start out rough & need to cleaned-up as the build goes along, maybe, just maybe that other guy is just plain jealous that his builds don't come out as good as yours or Tyrones or Thumpers etc. I haven't posted any recent pics of my Nova/Comet builds only because of some problems I've run into & want to get fixed first, being as I don't have complete control of using the only camera in the house. Hope to see more of your build soon buddy!

I'm a site moderator for an online gaming community and I know what Rom has on his plate.

It sounds like there is more going on behind the scenes we don't know about. A moderator has the responsibility of keeping the peace on that site. A few words to the disruptive person at first, then a warning or two and then a ban.

Forums are here, as Thumper, Inerceptor and ProStreet have said, to share work, ideas and techniques. Constructive criticism is expected and wanted in order for us to grow. Roadkill made his feelings known and I'm sure Rom looked at his work twice because of it. I would have. The system works. Let's get back to it.

You know rom is the only one I really see catching junk publicly. But he stays good natured and continues building. I vote for this thread to be cleaned out and stay on the subject.

count my vote with yours Kaleb B)