Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

This was one of those problems that a lot of people had for a while here, and then it just went away. The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

What worked for a lot of people was to not use the Post button, but to use the More Reply Options button next to it, then click the Add Reply button at the bottom.

This was one of those problems that a lot of people had for a while here, and then it just went away. The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

What worked for a lot of people was to not use the Post button, but to use the More Reply Options button next to it, then click the Add Reply button at the bottom.

I'm one of the "lucky " ones who had this problem earlier this year . The only way I could post or reply was to use the "More Reply Options" button . It worked every time and was more of an inconvenience than anything else , and the problem went away after a while ( maybe an update ? ) .

If the compatibility trick doesn't work for you I'd give it a try .

Good Luck !

The official solution for this problem, as with all problems on the forum, is to install and use Firefox or another off-brand browser.

Firefox is an "off-brand" browser??? So which browsers are "brand name" browsers and which are "off-brand?" :blink:

From what I've read about all of the people who say they have a problem with this site, most of them are using IE. I'm not saying that IE is the cause of the problem, but it sure looks like the vast majority of people having problems with this site are trying to access it via IE. Just sayin'...

Ira l just stoped using a 7 year old notebook and now using windows 8 and no problems. at the top of your web address there is a symbol of a piece of paper in half if you click on it that helps older browsers..

Edited by slusher

Can't post photos or paste text. Maybe it's the Microsoft upgrades??

Is it just me?

B)

Not just you, but which web browser are you using? If IE, click the "compatibility view" button in the menu bar of IE and see if that helps.

Not just you, but which web browser are you using? If IE, click the "compatibility view" button in the menu bar of IE and see if that helps.

That Worked!

I can post again. Thanks so much Casey!

(Sorry I posted in the wrong section.)

More Coming... B)

I'm using Internet Explorer, auto-upgraded last night...

Is the Compatibility View feature working when you're viewing this website?

Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is updated, too, as that is used when the editing function is used.

Ira l just stoped using a 7 year old notebook and now using windows 8 and no problems. at the top of your web address there is a symbol of a piece of paper in half if you click on it that helps older browsers..

Is the Compatibility View feature working when you're viewing this website?

Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is updated, too, as that is used when the editing function is used.

That is what l was trying to explain did not know what to call it...

In my own experience, sometimes it depends on the image source and the exact format it's in. Occasionally when I'm trying to copy an image to this board (usually to illustrate a technical answer) from an I-net source, I'll get a message saying "that image extension isn't allowed here" or some such, even though it's tagged as a common jpeg, gif, etc. Saving the image to my own machine and then uploading to photobucket reconfigures the "bad" extension sufficiently to allow it to go through on this board.

I have had problems the last 2 days trying to post photos from my Photobucket listings. Never had a problem before and am doing everything the same way. ???? I did have a little box pop up that said something about connection or such and asked me to paste in the box and then hit ok. Did that to no avail. Will have my wife look at whats going on this weekend as I just know enough to totally screw things up. : )

• Gregg unpinned this topic