Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rusty Wallace

bbowser

SAM_0427.jpg

SAM_0428.jpg

SAM_0429.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

Pics aren't the best, I forgot to set the camera to macro. I believe this was 1991, 2 years after he won the championship. He left Raymond Beadle to join up with Penske Racing, bringing the Miller sponsorship with him. Coincidentally, he drove his very first cup race for Roger in 1980, finishing 2nd at Atlanta.

I believe this was 1991, 2 years after he won the championship. He left Raymond Beadle to join up with Penske Racing, bringing the Miller sponsorship with him. Coincidentally, he drove his very first cup race for Roger in 1980, finishing 2nd at Atlanta.

Yep, 1991 was Rusty's first year driving full time for Penske. I was a huge Wallace fan. I'm working on building his 1990 #27 Miller Genuine Draft car.

• 10 months later...

Man...I remember that car. Nice build. Got to watch Rusty and his brother Kenny at the Milwaukee Mile testing shocks in about '94 or '95. Rusty in the Miller GD Cup Car(like your model) and Kenny in the Red Dog Busch Car. There was quite a crowd watching and every time Rusty came out onto the track, he waved to everyone. Kind of a thanks for just being there.