Model Cars Magazine Forum

78 Camaro Drag car

This is what I am working on right now. It is a Super Street class drag car. The chassis, interior & engine are all from the latest issue of the 76 Nova by AMT. It comes tubbed if no body knows about that. I just LOVE that kit.

The body is a MPC 78 Camaro. The hood and dash come from the old AMT 70 Camaro. I cast the hood scoop from the old Monogram 7-11 T-Bird Pro Stock kit.

The slicks are from Action Diecast Pro Stocks. I scratch made the wheelie bars. The casters are resin. I liked the casters from the Revell Pro mods so much, I took a casting of them for this kind of use.

sstcamaro001.jpg

I added full on racing electronics to the interior. Next I will be moving on to the engine.

sstcamaro002.jpg

Thanks guys.

Wildrice, is this the one you are talking about?

sstnova002.jpg

sstnova003.jpg

I just LOVE this kit.

My next one I am going to do will have the Old Pro 72 Nova body on it. Then I want to do one with a 74 Firebird body I will be coming out with this year. Oops, I was not supost to say anything about that!!!! :wink:

My next one I am going to do will have the Old Pro 72 Nova body on it. quote]

Matt,

The nova of mine in the model racing thread, that is a drag car was made from the Old Pro kit.In this kit you had to glue the front fenders on and had a choice of two different hoods. I went thru great pains to get all four pieces to fit,including the bumper.Once everything was glued in place I went and applied shoo-goo to the hood and fenders underneath.This was just for extra security in the event it would not stop in the glue at end of strip and crash into a pillow!