Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Bel Air "Cherry Pop"

Bluzboy66

I made a New Year's Resolution. I promised myself that I complete at least one kit per month this year. Not sure how I'm gonna find time, but heck, I'm gonna give it a shot!

Here's my latest; a mild Kustom '62 Bel Air. Paint is HOK Candy Apple Red over CAR basecoat, w/urethane clear topcoat. Wheels and tires are from Modelhaus.....

S5000514.jpg

S5000519-1.jpg

S5000525-1.jpg

S5000550.jpg

S5000557.jpg

S5000560.jpg

S5000561.jpg

S5000565.jpg

S5000572.jpg

S5000570.jpg

Thanks for looking!,

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

That build is fantastic! Just right! Are you a member of M.A.M.A. (Maryland Automotive Modelers Association)? If not, you should be. It's a great group of guys and you would fit right in. Just a thought. I like the Chevrolet "big cars" tainted in red. Heck, I like any car in red!

Edited by John E. Bowers Jr.

That build is fantastic! Just right! Are you a member of M.A.M.A. (Maryland Automotive Modelers Association)? If not, you should be. It's a great group of guys and you would fit right in. Just a thought. I like the Chevrolet "big cars" tainted in red. Heck, I like any car in red!

Thanks John. Yes, I am a MAMA member. I'm also in the CPMCC - Central Pennsylvania Model car Club. Great folks/builders in both clubs!

Mike

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I've always been a 'big car' fan, especially when they're dressed up a bit. :angry: I built the Bel Air to compliment my '63 Galaxie that I built a few years back......I guess I just dig the 'look'........

PA160444.jpg

PA160448.jpg

PA160456.jpg

Thanks for looking!,

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

Really nice '62 Mike! That color is really sharp!! Are the wheels from the '49 Merc? Oh yeah, I really dig the '63 Ford! Both are really nice builds!

Thanks. The wheels are chrome plated resin from Modelhaus, as are the tires. LOVE the Modelhaus stuff. I'll definitely be scavenging some chrome reverse steelies from the Merc kits though. I bought a few of those just for the extra parts!

Mike

Nice stuff you build there Mike! It must be an "All In The Family" thing!

I'd say it's neat to have a son keeping right up with ya!

Thanks. Alex is the reason I started building again. I guess he was 9, maybe 10 years old when he walked in and pointed at my unbuilt kits on shelves in the basement, and said, "Dad, we should build those!". So we are! ;)

Mike