Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage 1/8 Harley Drag Bike....

Gotta blame Al for giving me the inspiration to get this one out, and building it!!! I picked this one up about 6 years ago, it was started, but not finished. Whoever made the first attempt figured that if one tube of glue was enough, two would be better.... ;) The frame had so much glue on it I really wondered. After a week of cleaning the frame up, and cleaning every part of mold lines, Etc. everything was painted with paint, metalizers, and Alclads, then assembled in two days!!! Here's the final product.....

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

Yes Al, That rare Triumph drag bike is next, this one needs some competition.... ;)

Edited by RatRod

Thanks for the replies!!! Bob, I doubt this one will ever see the light again, but would be cool. These (along with most) older Revell kits just don't go together well without a lot of modeling experience. I have collected these old bike kits for years, and most were either started, and never finished, or never even started. I know as a kid, I would have never gotten these results...lol. Ken, these kits here have a solid rubber tire, and I have never seen a bad one yet, but I do know what you mean. The hollow rubber tires do dry up, and crack, and I have seen some funky stuff happen to the tires in the Revell Corvair trike kits too. Now, on to the Triumph drag bike!!!

wow that is one bad azz bike! revell made the kit you used? i had heard that at one point revell had modeled a hells angel club members drag bike but no one i had talked to knew whether it had actually been produced. do you happen to know what if anything was used as the prototype for this bike? it looks like it would fit for the period and situation. do the instrux or box have any info on if it was modeled after a real motorcycle?

maybe you could post a pic of the box if you get a chance; i would sure like to know what it looks like because ive never run across any 1/8 bikes like this.

• 2 years later...

John, I have been MORE than patient with you regarding the 32 Deuce build. I sent you $200 cash in good faith and now i feel that i have been taken advantage of. Im not the type of person to slander your name, but i am a member of all the boards you frequent, and i will be posting something on each one regarding this situation. I have informed some of the moderators on a few of the boards, and they tell me they will discontinue your accout on them if no restitution is met. They will be contacting you on seperate occaisions requesting your explanation. I will get the wheels spinning on all of this by the end of the week unless you contact me with a promised completion date or a day of refund.

• 9 months later...