Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Altered' Fiat (Mighty) Topolino Update 12/27/14 Finished! Pics!

Thanks Carl for all the support and encouragement! There's actually one spot on the rear belly pan , passenger side that looks like a scratch but it's a hair or something! Unbelieveable how this turned out, I was sweating it to the very last drop of adhesive!

Which was Microscale 'Liquitape' by the way, great stuff, it's holding several things in place on this car, puffer box, nose/hood piece to cowl, steering rod etc,....which enables me to remove them and then stick them back on, 'and' they still stay in place, it's adhesive qualities last, and , it dries clear! Who could ask for more! Once it dries it won't come off completely with just soap and water.

Thanks Aaron, us drag freaks gotta stick together! Your work is great!

Thanks Ace! That means a lot to me! :)

Edited by Speedfreak

Thanks for the kind words Lee! With Niko's help I found the solution, I would never have thought of Photobucket, duh. LOLOLOLOL, you better be ready for some work Lee! This kit (at least the 'Tin' version I had) will test your prep skills that's for sure!

Edited by Speedfreak

Thanks Michael, Thanks for posting, I'm glad you approve! :D

Bill, I actually did a light gray inside the stacks because that's what i saw in pics of real engines that hadn't been run that much, it shows up better on this model 1:1. But , in the end , I think you're right, a little more black/brown would have added more realism. The next exhaust I work on (which is a blown 427 FE for a mustang funny car) I'll do that. Thanks for the tip. I'm glad you commented on this thread! Because you were a lot of help on the engine! Thanks!

Gene

Edited by Speedfreak