Model Cars Magazine Forum

FINISHED Revell's 49 Custom Merc!

Tom Kren

JUST rolled off the bench!! Im very happy how it turnned out Thanks Revell for such a great fun kit!Body is HOK sunrise pearl, pearl white interior with orange wire for seat piping, used Modelhaus tires with rims from SJS and machine bullets, lowered both front and back, custom dash knobs from Rep & Min, engine has Caddy parts pack valve covers, aluminum air cleanners and wired spark plugs used tail light from the AMT 50 Ford kit Hope ya like it ! :rolleyes:

DSC00017-vi.jpg

DSC00019-vi.jpg

DSC00020-vi.jpg

DSC00021-vi.jpg

DSC00024-vi.jpg

very very nice model. great color choice. i also love the custom taillights, gives it a bit of character. oh, and your photography is great, too!

now i have to ask, because it just seems odd to me, why do you use the rear exhaust and side exhaust (it is a side exhaust, right?)? i don't mean to sound rude or anything because your craftsmanship is great.

keep up the good work! :D

"Not Tom, but I think I can answer this one ...

On most, but not all, 1:1 kustoms, the side exhausts (aka "lake pipes") are non-functional ... they are there strictly for looks. Revell correctly depicted this with its excellent '49 Merc kit. If you look at the underside, you'll see that the lake pipes don't actually hook up to anything."

• 1 month later...

G O R G E O U S !

I wish we could get HOK paint over here in the UK (If anyone knows of a UK supplier, let me know please!)

Do the paints come in spray cans or do you need to get skilled with an airbrush?

That is a beautiful build. I hope mine turns out half as good when I get around to it!

I've saved the pics to my HD for reference, they're SO good!

Brilliant!

• 8 years later...