Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Ferrari 328 GTS Quick First Impression

ismaelg

Hello,

I also got my Hasegawa Ferrari 328 from HLJ along with the Cayman.

As with the Cayman review: I am NOT a kits expert. I'm just a builder. I admire those who can tell problems and issues just by looking at the open box. But I can only make general comments about it.

DSCF4683b.jpg

A japanese kit molded in white plastic HURRAY!!!! That says it all.

Parts sprues are bagged together, with the clear parts bagged separately.

Parts look nice, maybe not up to "Tamiya nice", but very nice nonetheless. However, there is a beautiful photoetch sprue and a nice decal sheet. It has far more parts than the Cayman S.

The body looks great. Some minor cleanup will be in order, but nothing big.

I haven't done any test fit at all so that's about it.

Looks very good. This is a Ferrari that I think I'll build in red....

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

the show ran until '86, did he drive a 328 in the final season?? i cant remember and season five is the last one released so far.

I am anxiously awaiting the final seasons, as i livedin honolulu during the filming, and would see the helicopter all the time, and the masters estate was visible from the road.

As far as I know, Magnum always used the 308. The car was an important part of the series, so I don't think they would have changed it at the end. But I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks,

true, but to the uninformed, a 308 and a 328 look pretty similar....atleast to me anyways

The Magnum PI car indeed was the 308GTS.

There has never been a really good 308GTS kit. Revell's Magnum PI kit was their older ex-Japanese tool (Eidai/Grip, supposedly) 308GTB modified to resemble a GTS but the roofline is all wrong. It looks too squashed.

Probably the best way to get a 1/24 308GTS into your collection is to kitbash the roof from the Hasegawa 328GTS with the excellent though simplified current Revell Germany 308GTB kit (itself ex-Monogram vintage 1981-82). It's an expensive kitbash, but you will have an accurate 308GTS - or just simply wait for Fujimi to eventually do a state of the art kit. I have a feeling they will..!