Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Drop top

Mj-Styro

You know just some days we get in a hurry and really fowl things up! like me!! i should have let the red dry alittle longer before throwing some clear on it.....delima should i just leave it as is and make her alittle rough around the edges after all she is a 48 (LOL) Or should i try again and dip her in the lake for awhile.....problem is tho if i put her in the lake she will get boxed up for awhile...........I am thinking of slightly weathering her a tad around the edges.............

Here ya go! you tell me.....

MVC155S-vi.jpg

MVC156S-vi.jpg

MVC157S-vi.jpg

MVC159S-vi.jpg

MVC158S-vi.jpg

I agree with Darrell...................I'm having painting trouble on my '55, but it doesn't need a total dunking. The trouble is around the bodywork I did on the roof..........I REFUSE to give up!!

That color does look terrific Mike...........from the pics it doesn't look bad at all, but we're our own worst critics.

Update got altitle more done!~ shes heading torwards the finish line ....

MVC178S-vi.jpg

MVC179S-vi.jpg

MVC180S-vi.jpg

MVC183S-vi.jpg

MVC186S-vi.jpg

Down to makin Wheel rings for the back of the tires, Exhaust,some engine work left yet..........bumpers..........not to much anyway, Oh and some detail touch up painting....

Looks good. Did you look for the cut markings for chopping the top. Didn't you find it either, and built stock hight. Maybe some 3,4 or1 bar hub caps with the ww's. But it's your's I'm not making a bad comment, just my 2 cts. :huh::(

Its kool!!!!!!!!!!

And no i didnt find the mark either, so i winged it on the other build ( i will be posting later tonight..........)

THANKS!