Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Chevrolet El Camino

Looks like it's going to be a fun project. It's strange how some kits get bought but not built until years later, but we all do it.

I'm kind of intrigued by those tires. They look like the old MPC units from the mid-'70s but they have very nicely done white walls. If they're Modelhaus items, can you give me the P/N for them? I've got a few factory stock builds that could benefit from a set of those.

Edited by Monty

Thank you everyone for the comments!

Mike: Yea I wanted a darker blue interior but it came out a bit lighter (almost with a purple hint) than I wanted but I can live with it. A buddy of mine had a silver two tone, a '87. Figured it was time to get on this one.

Monty: They were standard Goodyear Polyglass tires with a black wall in my parts box. The white walls were made by me using a Gell pen and a stencil from Hobby Lobby. I have yet to figure out what or if I want to coat it with anything to protect it. So far they are holding up well. If you make a mistake, use some Testors paint thinner and start over.

994_zps8529d625.jpg

996_zps87afd870.jpg

998_zpsd94687e0.jpg