Model Cars Magazine Forum

LIARS 2012 Model Car Challenge

johnbuzzed

liars Flyer 2012new.pdfIt's that time of the year again- check the Model Cars calendar for complete info and a flyer for the 2012 LIARS Model Car Challenge to be held on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at the Freeport Rec Center, 130 East Merrick Road, Freeport, NY 11520. Registration starts at 9AM, the awards ceremony starts at 3PM. There will be twenty-five judged classes, 6 "Best..." awards, the LIARS Memorial Award, the Peoples' Choice Award and the Judges' Best in Show award. This years theme class is "Box Art Builds:any model of a vehicle built to replicate box art". You'll be in the presence of some of the best modelers in the country- heck, some of the best in the world. This event happens just once a year, and those leaves on your lawn will still be there the next day...

Yeah, me too, Rich, more that I would think. I was fortunate enough to be there for a few hours last year; we were up for a good friend's wedding and I had time to go before getting all dressed up. I went with my sons and grandson and I even got to judge. This year, we (yes, Emily and I) will be going to Atlanta that day- it was her idea, after we met Tom at the CKM NNL. Who knew? I do miss the big cup of 7-11 coffee and the accompanying early-morning (caffeine :lol: ) buzz that went with it; the excitement, the cameraderie and even the "work" involved with judging and registration and all that. I miss saying such things as "Yo, put that model down or I'll break your fingers!!! Oh, it's yours? Sorry...Hey, nice build!" I'm glad "our"' contest goes on so well after all these years.

Take care of yourself, Rich. We'll see you again soon.