Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 Crew cab Chevy

Did some painting on the blade this weekend.... Still a little tacky but I managed to get a decal on.......

DSCN1286-vi.jpg

I did add a light bar it is not glued down yet not sure if I like or not but here are some pics......

DSCN1287-vi.jpg

DSCN1292-vi.jpg

DSCN1289-vi.jpg

DSCN1288-vi.jpg

Comments welcome...................

Edited by hd2500gmc

• 2 weeks later...

That's one great looking truck and all the details! An interesting plow on a pickup ... not sure I've seen any around here pushing to both sides. Does the 1:1 align to push to one side?

I expect it would have got some use today in Maine ... had 18" down in the Berkshires and all the plows got their first run for the winter.

The for the comments... Hey foxer yes the plow does align to plow right or left it also goes into scoop mode to stack snow or v mode to cut into snow bankings..... And I did get some use out of it this past weekend...... But we only got about 10" up here still enough to plow.......

Hey Josh thanks, I built the plow out of evergreen plastic..... I own the 1:1 so I just went out side to get the measurements, To start I would find a dealer near you and pick up some brochures.. I started with the blade I cut it to size witch is 8.6FT the to get the right curve I used a wooden dowel and held the piece of plastic on with some rubber bands turned on the stove and held it over the heat till it formed around the dowel.... The frame is just different shapes that I sanded and shaped in till it looked right..... Hope its helps........

• 2 months later...