Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang bodied altered. Updated June 1 st

cobraman

This will be the next build on the bench. The car will be built on the Bantam Blast platform. The resin body has been orderd but has not arrived yet. The body would be used to build the Mustang altered "Psycho " drag car but mine will be a non replica. Wanted to build the replica but I don't have the correct Ford engine and the decals are tough to find. Just as happy building a non replica.

altered1001_zpsc748e9a1.jpg

Edited by cobraman

This is going to be a cool project to follow! Your builds are always very nice, and the subject is excellent, as usual. Have you tried the body on chassis, I mean does it need any cutting to get the wheelbase etc fit right? I'll be watching.

This is going to be a cool project to follow! Your builds are always very nice, and the subject is excellent, as usual. Have you tried the body on chassis, I mean does it need any cutting to get the wheelbase etc fit right? I'll be watching.

The body is said to fit but a quick mock up shows it may , and I do say may need to have the roof notched out a bit to clear the roll bar or to modify the roll bar so it is lower. I need to build up the chassis to really be sure.

I've seen one picture where the dog house was off of it , and it looked like the chassis attached to the rocker panels right at the base of where the firewall / the door hinge area would have been . gotta see if I can find the picture.

In one picture it looked like a glass body shell so my gutt says it attached to the rear similar to a funnycar of the era

Thanks for the link Bill. Not sure I can really tell from those photos. I am still looking for more photos as well. I guess since I am not trying to build a replica of that car I can use just about any method I can come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

After what seems to have been a month I was able to get back to the workbench on this. I guess in reality it was only a couple of weeks. had to go out of state to my daughters graduation from law school and then some family members came to the house for a visit. Love when they come but also love when they leave. Anyway, got some paint on the body but still needs to be decaled and cleared. The chassis is just mocked up for these photos. I am still trying to decide how best to mount the body to the chassis. I hope to have it done in the next couple of weeks. It will depend on my work schedule. As always comments both pro pr con are welcome. Thanks for looking !

aldered3001_zpsa856a8db.jpg

aldered3002_zps0ebbe53f.jpg

aldered3003_zps124566be.jpg