Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '32 Ford

Junkman

As I have previously stated, the AMT '32s are some of my all time favorites. Here are a few old glue bombs I won't be useing, I will start with two fresh ones. Oh, and I love the Revell and Monogram '32s also.DSC03844.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

I want this one!!! B)

de3c_9b12.jpg?c=d935

This is interesting idea, I have to admit that I have built only one AMT '32 Ford (and I guess that was AMT, but not 100% sure). I'm looking forward to see what kind of projects we can see in this thread.

This is my Chopped, Channeled, Sectioned, Shaved etc etc. Ford Roadster from AMT GlueBomb.

PA050346-vi.jpg

Just For Inspiration.

I had no idea it ever was available on its own. I always thought it only came in the Deuce/Willys double kit and is hence highly collectible. In any case, it is certainly the rarest of the bunch and this may reflect in the prices.

But you can get a resin body for less than a tenner. JF makes a 1:1 copy of the AMT body, and also a chopped version. He also makes 4-door bodies, stock and chopped.

The '32 sedan issued on its own is not the one from the double kit. It could be built as a stock or hotrod very similar as the AMT Vicky.

Wow! As a fan of vintage model kits, I'm super excited about this one. I've collected a number of AMT '32 Ford kits and aftermarket parts for the same and have been looking for an excuse to build one. I have too many projects on my bench right now but I'll have to make room for another. I will post some pics as soon as I decide which version to build.

Thanks Bill, I got the idea for the frame after cutting off the front fenders. These old AMT kits leave a lot to be desired but, still an awful lot of fun and remain on my favorite list. The ingraving is really heavy in places and the body appears to be already sectioned. I wish it had a dropped axel also. The revell kits are seriously more realistic.

My 32 has a Revell frame for reason of access to the interior after I weld the body to the fenders, so I can't throw it into this build. I WILL be doing it in spirit though! Here's a last peek here so and you'll have to keep up with my On the Workbench build to see it progress .. but it will be slow a usual anyway.

NoseDSC_0862.jpg

All these old AMT builds here are looking really fine! :)

I have a build that I really don't like how it turned out. I may get in on this and give it a total rebuild. I'll post a photo of it later. Photobucket doesn't seem to be working ATM.

I have a build that I really don't like how it turned out. I may get in on this and give it a total rebuild. I'll post a photo of it later. Photobucket doesn't seem to be working ATM.

Cool Roger!

Looking forward to what you've got planned B)

Here's my phirst mockup of the 'Phord Phantom Phaeton' :Dphor stance, wheel & tire options, etc. These rims are resin American Racing 'salt phlats' (thanks Casey ;) ) that I widened phor the rear. There is a Phantom Vickie phrame under there, didn't take much to get it to work with this old AMT design :)phunny how that worked out...

IMG_9089.jpg

Edited by jeffs396