Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #156 FINISHED!

This week's car is a 1938 Pierce-Arrow Model 1801. 1938 was the last year for Pierce-Arrow, and only a handful of cars were produced that year.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/589120,18769/1938-Pierce-Arrow-Model-1801-8_photo.aspx

Who got it right:

sjordan2

Badluck 13

mr chips

dw1603

Ace-Garageguy

jaymcminn

blunc

bbsbase

dimaxion

peter31a

otherunicorn

I can certainly understand getting distracted by a Mercedes 540 "knock-off"...

I spotted the distinctly Pierce Arrow "styling cue" of the headlights flowing out of the front fenders and had pinned down the subject within five minutes. B)

This is kinda a well-known car, being the only convertible coupe built by Pierce in their last year of production. I'd seen it before. :)

Not everyone who plays this is from USA. I was totally unfamiliar with this car, yet I was still able to find it, which was a nice change, after two weeks of fail.

Edited by otherunicorn

I really look forward to the auto id competition. With the internet we all have a chance of finding the correct answer. Some are simple, some are not, but It really gives us old pharts a mental work out just narrowing down the right search terms. Keep it up Harry, you are a social service!