Name 5 models that have never been reissued. and a few that should not been

Restore & Reissue :

MPC 1976-1977 Pontiac Ventura

MPC 1976-1980 Nova

MPC 1978 2wd Chevy Pickup

MPC Datsun Pickup

MPC 1/20 scale Econoline , with factory-stock parts

MPC 1971-1978 Vega

MPC 1/16 scale c.1978 Chevy Pickup C30 Custom Deluxe Long Bed / Snow-Plow snap-together (remember those ??)

Tamiya : Renault R5 Turbo (was this kit ever offered in street-version livery ?)

AMT : Astro 95 with the Gas Turbine option

AMT : 1/16 scale 1955 Nomad

AMT : 1/16 scale 1957 Nomad

Cremate or Destroy Tooling :

Revell 1956 F-100

Revell 1957 Chevy (ancient , c.1962 tooling)

Edited by 1972coronet

Restore & Reissue :

MPC 1978 2wd Chevy Pickup

YES PLEASE!!! I would even be happy if they reissued it with both the 2 and 4 wheel drive parts in the box, like how they did it with the F350. Do the same with the Dodge truck kits, make it a trifecta!

I'd like to see these re released...truth is none of them can be as I understand it.

67 Galaxie. Can't be reissued because as I understand, the tooling was converted to the 68

69 Grand prix.

66 Ford Falcon. Became the 69 which became the race car.

73 or 75 Firebird formula or both

Ditch....

any 57 Chevy

I'd like to see these re released...truth is none of them can be as I understand it.

Jeff hit the nail on the head. The tooling is long gone for many of the nice thoughts here. With that in mind, Santa please bring me...

The Monogram Land Rover - Hasn't been out in eons, I don't know why. It has some international possibilities, so it could be a Revell of Germany release?

Dodge Van - Retool the grille and the front opening in the body that receives it if needed. The last issue before butchering the grille, was the high end grille with the dual rectangular headlights. I'd suggest doing the low end grille with a single round headlight, just to give us another variety.

Dodge Pickup - Retool the monster truck back to stock

Chevy Chevette - Okay they did the AMCs, so where's the Chevette? A lot of guys will build drag cars around it, as well as those of us who would build it stock. With the MPCs of this era, very little was changed between releases, primarily those needed to produce the next year's promo. With the Chevette, the only difference between the 76-78 are the two little grille pieces that mount into the hood. The current configuration of the tooling is the last issue, a 1979 version last sold as "Bear Bait" . The hood and grille are different all together on this one. So if Round 2 produced this kit with an extra hood and three extra grilles, they'd have everything to make any year Chevette in that box.

What should be tossed:

The old Revell Tri-Chevys! I will personally smash the '57 Nomad! Let's melt those puppies down and let the Chinese make new Buicks from the metal!

AMT '62 Galaxie. We got almost every other year...

AMT '61 Starliner. Because the roofline on the other '61 is hard to look at.

AMT '67 Galaxie. Ooh.

AMT '68 Galaxie. Not very accurate, but has possibilities.

MPC '76 Cobra II. Because Jill.

MPC '76 Firebird. Because Jim.

MPC '76 Pinto wagon. Because who doesn't want to build a light metallic green Squire with whitewalls?

MPC '82 Ford EXP. You know you want one.

Pick any five.

Reissue: Johan '67 Fury, AMT Meyers Tow'd, AMT Sunbeam Tiger, AMT '64 Ford (full kit, not the "Craftsman"), Revell early '60s Valiant.

The Tiger has been reissued before, I've got a blueprinter version in my stash. I do think it's only been issued three times though.

My favorites are:

Johan:

1965/'66 Plymouth Fury

1966 Chrysler 300

MPC:

1968/'69 Dodge Coronet

1967 Pontiac Bonneville

AMT:

1967 Ford Galaxie

Steve

I would love a 65 fury.when I was young dad had a 65 sport fury with a 426 wedge. It was well into the rust stages but surprised more than one

car at the stop light.Wish I had it now.