Model Cars Magazine Forum

STEVE SCOTT ,A.KA . [ UNCERTAIN T ]

Wow! Quite a story! Just checked out his website and he really does seem to put the blame on everyone else.

Hard to believe he can't recall so many details about the car either.

Hope he does get a kit made for sale or gets everyone's money back to them.

I think I have the body for this kit. Been wondering for years what it was,lol.

Y'know, part of me thinks it would be rather intriguing to help Steve out but I really don't have the money to throw at someone else's unattainable pipe-dream. There's that and the fact that he really doesn't like hunters. Here's his delusional rant about hunters:

ANYONE who is in ANY way into or involved in ANY form of mistreatment, abuse, cruelty, inflicting pain, etc., to people or animals, such as, and not limited to: TRAPPING, DOG FIGHTING, COCK FIGHTING, the terrible practices of "BAITING" including BEARS and WOLVES; CLUBBING BABY SEALS in Canada, KILLING WOLVES... OR ANYTHING ELSE for “sport”, “recreation” and “enjoyment”... YES... THAT MEANS HUNTERS OF ANY KIND!, etc., etc., etc. This also includes fishing, but only if your website significantly focuses on fishing as a “sport”.

Please DO NOT tell me the same old lie that you only hunt or fish for food! You can believe that if you want to, but it’s lame at best. It costs far, FAR less to go “hunting for food” in a grocery store!

No it doesn't

post-10837-0-22326700-1433296444_thumb.j

That's a couple hundred bucks worth of fresh ocean-caught Chinook salmon I'm holding

has there ever been an actual confirmed case of someone clubbing a baby seal?

You're a bad person if you hunt, why don't you be a good person like me and buy meat at the store?

This is borderline retarded

edit: This is actually retarded, in the truest sense of the word.

Edited by Quick GMC

"Greg" S? or do you mean Gregg, editor of a certain magazine?

So is Steve Scott an approved target of slander around here or something? Sure seems like it. Lesser comments about others in a similar vein have been eradicated by the moderators long before they reach 5 pages.

jb

Well, yes... he may be an approved target of slander; but officially, in his mind; he's the ultimate stranded Hawaiian kustom car SuPeRsTaR :wacko::huh::blink::rolleyes:

I have been personally assured that no baby harp seals will be clubbed to death due to this project.

dead horses, maybe.

as for whats so great about this kit other than its rarity, don't forget the nice buick engine and the very nice chassis and suspension. yeah the body is kinda wack but that's its charm. then there is the very-multi piece trophy, stand and woman figure along with its display base. it is not clear to me if this proposed project will include those bonus parts.

bottom line: is it worth 200$? probably to most modelers, not. but is it worth 25 (or now 50) $? you bet, at least to me, even if all that materializes is smoke from that pakalolo. like they say in that commercial, one life brah, don't blow it.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

The Uncertain T was a classic in its day. I think it would be wonderful if it was reissued although I think prior to that Monogram would have to examine the original contract to figure out who owned the design and the intellectual property of the name. If the rights were signed over for the use of model kits, I see this kit being recreated and reissued. If not, or the original contract can not be found, this kit WILL NEVER be reissued. Just too much baggage to deal with.

Thinking back to my days of working in our largest LHS, when Uncertain T was on our shelves--frankly it didn't exactly set the cash register on fire. My guess as to why the thing never was reissued? Poor sales history the first time around.

Art

Thinking back to my days of working in our largest LHS, when Uncertain T was on our shelves--frankly it didn't exactly set the cash register on fire. My guess as to why the thing never was reissued? Poor sales history the first time around.

Art

Very true Art, the thing is, other than a very small circle who are amazed by this kit, I doubt there would be much interest; if there was....you'd think that Monogram would have considered it by now; as they have with a few of the other older subjects.

Personally, i would not give you $20 for this kit, it is UGLY, and the average everyday kit costs $45. where i live, i think anybody who dropped money with this guy,

really didn't think too hard about it, somebody could do a resin copy for next to nothing if you really wanted this butt ugly kit.

Aside from some of the other stuff mw_BKge6enWhu1ShE1Cic7g.jpg ( ? ) that's out there and has been rereleased,mStNblRbH7AQn6OrZiLdEoA.jpg this hardly seems like it won't fly. 85-4198.jpg " It's Mod.....It's Mad..... It's the Most." :lol:

At least with the Garbage Truck, you get a couple garbage cans, surfboards,wheels, and a hot 1/32 70's style dancing chick :wub: ..... to be fair, the UT does have a few useful parts as well :rolleyes:

Edited by Krazy Rick

as for whats so great about this kit other than its rarity, don't forget the nice buick engine and the very nice chassis and suspension. yeah the body is kinda wack but that's its charm. then there is the very-multi piece trophy, stand and woman figure along with its display base. it is not clear to me if this proposed project will include those bonus parts.

Yes :D

I imagine it'll take Steve a little while to pump out 500 kits at home on his charity 3D printer ( I have no knowledge of how long these things take to print one part, but I've heard it aint very fast !!!..... will it take, say 3 months, 6 months to make one of these ? :wacko: ) ..... and I wonder how he's planning to plate the chrome :rolleyes: ..... another "interesting thing here, on his list of "pre-order customers" ; the list starts at #250 ..... I wonder what happened to the first 250 :rolleyes: .... wow ..... these really are limited ..... ya, that's the ticket, "limited", extra limited :unsure:

Edited by Krazy Rick

Personally, i would not give you $20 for this kit, it is UGLY, and the average everyday kit costs $45. where i live, i think anybody who dropped money with this guy,

really didn't think too hard about it, somebody could do a resin copy for next to nothing if you really wanted this butt ugly kit.

The above sums up my feelings about this model. I had no interest in it back then. I have no interest in now. A tall T with a body that slants forward? (A crooked T?) It never looked right to me.

My money will be staying with me.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

I imagine it'll take Steve a little while to pump out 500 kits at home on his charity 3D printer ( I have no knowledge of how long these things take to print one part, but I've heard it aint very fast !!!..... will it take, say 3 months, 6 months to make one of these ? :wacko: ) ..... and I wonder how he's planning to plate the chrome :rolleyes: ..... another "interesting thing here, on his list of "pre-order customers" ; the list starts at #250 ..... I wonder what happened to the first 250 :rolleyes: .... wow ..... these really are limited ..... ya, that's the ticket, "limited", extra limited :unsure:

Actually he never says how is going to produce the kits. If he does use a 3d printer its going to take action long time and be prepared to do alot of sanding to prep the parts. Even shapeways parts require lots of work and a hooby printer is going to mean lots more work.

Definitely a pipe dream and the money is going up in smoke.

It does have that "I made this in shop class outta plywood" look. You could cut one out of sheet plastic. What it does have in its favor is that he did come up with a unique look. I won't be spending big money on one but would buy one at normal kit prices

It does have that "I made this in shop class outta plywood" look. You could cut one out of sheet plastic. What it does have in its favor is that he did come up with a unique look. I won't be spending big money on one but would buy one at normal kit prices

That is how I did my 2 Uncertain T trikes Tom, I was able to get a cheap kit ( on a "Buy it Now", off E-Pay for $24 :) ) ..... traced out the patterns, a buddy had a bunch cut at a shop, we gave a few to some good guys, kept some & then I dumped the kit back on E-Pay for crazy big bucks :):D

>I had no interest in it back then. I have no interest in now

Obviously you DO have some interest in it...or you would not be posting here.

as for the checkbook, I got one ready and its full of checks. just remember, you cannot cheat an honest man.

and thank you Greg for the reality of butt ugly kits. they apparently sell quite well. to someone. :huh:

jb

Pretty sure an injected kit of T will not be done. The work it takes to design, test and complete a new 1/25 scale car tool is massive......a job that takes 4-5 people with LOTS of specialized talent......which this guy does not have.

Kinda doubt a 3D printed kit will ever appear.

I have worked in the model kit biz from retail, aftermarket, manufacture and design levels. I also produced a number of full resin car kits.

It's more work than most know.