Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tee Buckets, "Fad" Tees, Roadster Pick Ups , Kits

One you missed is AMT's Sand T.

That was just a special issue of the regular '25T with sand tires and most of the other parts missing. I know, I just restored one.

Two others I didn't see here:

MPC Marcellus & Borsch Winged Express Altered.

Revell double kit T. They also had a Parts Pack T body.

That was just a special issue of the regular '25T with sand tires and most of the other parts missing. I know, I just restored one.

Two others I didn't see here:

MPC Marcellus & Borsch Winged Express Altered.

Revell double kit T. They also had a Parts Pack T body.

Race cars :P

Whiile it's a stock-only kit, has anyone mentioned the Tonka 1/25 scale 1913 Model T Touring car kit? Yeah, Tonka Toys actually did a small series of plastic model kits about 40 years ago--and the '13 T Touring was in it. Just think of a T Touring car body as simply a "double bucket" T body.

Art

Usually referred to as Phaetons or "TUBs" ;) not "Buckets" revell-1924-ford-model-t-big-tub.jpg

Race cars :P

The M&B certainly, but I believe the Revell could be built as a streeter too, couldn't it? (And the parts pack body certainly could.)

Besides, have the Fad Ts emulated the look of race cars, or was it the other way around? Discuss.

Post #12

Ah, I didn't see the Revell T hiding over there on the right. B) It's a street OR competition body. The AMT PP T body is clearly a competition. At least I've never seen a street T with the rear wheel "mini-tubs" like the AMT PP body.

10203762_201221418844.jpg1932Austin_01_700.jpgebay417385.jpg

Ah, I didn't see the Revell T hiding over there on the right. B) It's a street OR competition body. The AMT PP T body is clearly a competition. At least I've never seen a street T with the rear wheel "mini-tubs" like the AMT PP body.

Ok, that sounds like a challenge, either I find one or build one ( model, of course :P ) Came up with a bunch of "street" Bantam Roadster Alters.

10203762_201221418844.jpg1932Austin_01_700.jpgebay417385.jpg

Ok, that sounds like a challenge, either I find one or build one ( model, of course :P ) Came up with a bunch of "street" Bantam Roadster Alters.

There is or used to be a cool street Bantam running around my area.

As to a tubbed street T, the challenge will be seating. Not a problem in an altered with a centered single bucket. Might be more of a challenge to put seats for two AND tubs in a little T bucket. But hey, if you think you can do it, go for it! B)

• 4 months later...