Model Cars Magazine Forum

scale garge 1/10 1/8

semijoe

hey guys
here a scale gararge ive been working on

ive been wanting to build something like for awhile, so i figure i give it shot .
ive started by buying a peice 1/4 inch styrene, this way i can bolt stuff to the floor.
right now im waiting the floor covering and the wall covering to come in, in the mean while
i started to build a working truck lift. fr the main post ive used 1 inch square stock with 2 actuators in them .
ive purchased a snap on toll box , which is really kool and highly detailed, also fun a reall kool engine hoist.
ive fun some other stuff too. i believe everybody will like what ive in mine . the truck lift is going to really kool when done
so lets get started
SANY2114.jpg
SANY2116.jpg
SANY2117.jpg
SANY2119.jpg

all the legs spread out and extend and the feet can be adjusted in height . she works great. time for detailing it and a ramp
SANY2120.jpg
SANY2121.jpg
SANY2125.jpg
SANY2122.jpg
SANY2123.jpg
SANY2124.jpg

the wall is brick but the white floor is causing a glare where you cant see it in the picture,,,, the floor im waitng to come in, this week . this should knock out the glare.
SANY2129.jpg

i painted the engine hoist and man did it come sweeeeet!

SANY2145.jpg
SANY2146.jpg

floor is in , time to start painting the lift
SANY2156.jpg

i started on a tire / shelf rack. it plastic on the out but alum square stock on the insides
SANY2158.jpg
tire rack and shelf is done, ive made the legs adjustable too

SANY2160.jpg

I gotta hand it to ya . You certainly have a handle on the large scale modeling ! :DB)

i just start on the largers scale trucks and having alot of fun with them, so i figure i build a garage to. im really happy with it , thanks man

so looking at the garage i wanted to do more then what room i have , so what i did was made a second floor, same wdith,but i will no backer .so i will use this part and slide in front of the other, so this way i can have 2 different views

had to order more flooring

SANY2185.jpg

i started on an engine stand, everything will work on it. 1st i started on the base , made for styrene square stock. then i cut some solid alum rod and inserted in the framing

SANY2194.jpg

next i drill holes for 4 caster wheels . i made these from brackets i had laying around. and for the wheels i will use bearings off an r/c truck

SANY2195.jpg

the rest of the floor came but its a little different. the rest of the floor i wanted to do like a show room typr thingy lol

the squares are a little bigger , has alike a smokey tint to it and ive added a mirror floor.

SANY2224.jpg

here another item for the garage im making . it does adjust height wise about 3 more inches high, still need to make the front casters wheels and mount rear wheels, i need a hose and an handle. hoping to have in paint soon

SANY2231.jpg