Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any model release rumors going on? Anything remotely that could happen someday?

Sure would love some STOCK building options to those '32's, so I see lots of Deuce kits yet to come! Just because you don't like a subject doesn't mean it's not another persons long awated Holy grail kit.

Craig,

Just so you know, I am not against more 32 Fords, I would rather like to see some other kits that either haven't been kitted before, need updating or are an improvement on what is out there. I, like many others, am anxiously awaiting what new stuff is coming. I feel that we are seeing a bit of a resurgence in the hobby thanks to Mobeius and hopefully it is a sign of better days for us modelers.

Mike,

I didn't mean to offend, but it seems that any time a 32 Ford, tri - five Chevy or a first generation Camaro is anounced someone complains about it stating that they want a new tool of (fill in the blank) instead. The model manufacturers can't do a complete new tool for the same money as a kit based on a previous kit where 2/3's of the kit is allready tooled so we are going to see a lot of that kind of thing. Mobeius is a good example, they are kiting severial cars out of each new tool. As as you said it's going to be better days ahead.

Lemme see here:

Roadster--check

Cabriolet

3-window Deluxe coupe

5-window standard coupe

Phaeton

Convertible Sedan (B-400)

Tudor Sedan

Fordor Sedan

Station Wagon (requires a pickup radiator shell and hood though!)

Roadster Pickup

Closed Cab pickup

Art

Hey, Art. Let's get thorough here. Don't forget a dose of Double B's! Wouldn't that be fun?

B)

Mike,

I didn't mean to offend, but it seems that any time a 32 Ford, tri - five Chevy or a first generation Camaro is anounced someone complains about it stating that they want a new tool of (fill in the blank) instead. The model manufacturers can't do a complete new tool for the same money as a kit based on a previous kit where 2/3's of the kit is allready tooled so we are going to see a lot of that kind of thing. Mobeius is a good example, they are kiting severial cars out of each new tool. As as you said it's going to be better days ahead.

Craig,

No offense taken, I just thought I would toss that out there because like you said, there is always someone complaining about a lack of a 76 Buick Skylark 4 door model he wants to represent his first car!

I am guilty of collecting multiple versions of tri-five Chevies, 67-69 Camaros and 32 Fords and am looking forward to what "NEW" stuff is coming our way. I wouldn't be opposed to the model companies updating or re-working some existing kits because we all have a list of kits that with a little help and 21st Century technology, could be much better representations!

BTW- how hard was it for Revell to come up with that COPO 69 Camaro ? I think they cheated and combined parts from the Yenko Camaro and COPO Nova !

But, The only 1/25 scale 58 Bonneville kits offered came with the correct Convertible Interior.

I Have converted hardtops into convertibles.

All AMT. Boondock Bomber issue 59 Buick Invicta, Street rods issue 64 Impala, and ?? issue 58 Impala

How do they look????

58 Impala. (Visors Hinge!!)

58-Impala-Rs.jpg

Be right back. Buick & 64 are not in Photobucket

OK, had to reboot Max. (browser)

Here is 59 Buick

59Buick-Ls.jpg

Windshield frame & Boot cover are from Monogram 59 Impala

Here is 64 Impala

64SS-Convert-Ls.jpg

Boot cover is scratchbuilt.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• From Revell AG

VW Van, from Samba Bus tool, MODIFIED REISSUE

here's a photo of the Type 2, opening doors, so it's a re-tool of the Samba, and not a reboxed Hasegawa, plus it has the proper wheels, where as the Hasegawa version didn't.

post-2058-0-60512300-1359231295_thumb.jp

Hey, Art. Let's get thorough here. Don't forget a dose of Double B's! Wouldn't that be fun?

B)

Danno,

Just two basic trucks though! 131" and 157" wheelbase. And, for 1932 and beyond, Ford's body offerings were much fewer than in 1930-31: Gone were the hearse, ambulance bodies for example, as well as the 1-ton Express Pickup. Of course, there were any number of truck body builders around, even in the very depths of the Great Depression, so a lot of variants were available aftermarket. Of course, the BB truck stayed in production with only minor detail changes to the cab through 1934, and only a minor change from vertical to slightly slanted backward for the grille shell for 33-34, with corresponding changes to the hood sides.

Art