Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan S13 Coupe

ll Brandon ll

This is one of my many other projects I hope to see an end to at some point. Im honestly not 100% happy with the body work, but I love the engine bay. Anyway, this will be a track ready themed car, staggered Meisters, RB26 swap, widened, etc. I originally planned to do a 1:1 of my real car (I have a coupe IRL) but I just went crazy one night and chopped this and an R32 Skyline up, lol. So, this is where Im at right now. Tell me what you guys think.

stp61528.jpg

stp61529.jpg

stp61530.jpg

stp61531.jpg

stp61532.jpg

stp61533.jpg

stp61534.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, long time since I updated but Ive had my attention drawn in 100 different directions so my bench time is a little limited right now. Anyway, thanks for the replies boys! The more I work on it, the more Im loving it! So, heres an update. Suspension is finalized, including scratchbuilt Stance coilovers, adjustable camber with the shock towers, Nismo power brace, etc. I own a real 240SX, so Im pretty familiar with the layout, lol. Stance is final. Also started the engine work. Did my top mount turbo manifold out of styrene, which was a first for me. I usually do them with solder, but I think I like working with the styrene better. Also have the turbo made. I added the base for some side skirts and added a modded R32 front bumper. I just need to putty them. Got a wing for it on the way from Hobbylink Japan. So, thats where Im at for now.

stp61567.jpg

stp61561.jpg

stp61566.jpg

stp61560.jpg

stp61565.jpg

stp61555.jpg

stp61556.jpg

stp61557.jpg

stp61558.jpg

stp61559.jpg

As always, comments and criticism is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Not much love for the imports here it seems. Ah well, I like showing off my work so its all good. Another small update. I got my wing in, made a rear diffuser, front lip, puttied and sanded a bunch, got my side skirts filled in, and shot a light coat of primer so I could see it all in one color. Im loving how aggressive this looks!

stp61585.jpg

stp61586.jpg

stp61591.jpg

stp61592.jpg

stp61593.jpg

stp61594.jpg

Are you using the kit supplied grille/lights? How are you going to finish it? I have a (Fujimi?) Sylvia K's that is stalled because I can't figure out a good way to pick out the logo on the grille in silver/chrome. It is engraved on the backside of the clear piece.

I like your build so far.

Are you using the kit supplied grille/lights? How are you going to finish it? I have a (Fujimi?) Sylvia K's that is stalled because I can't figure out a good way to pick out the logo on the grille in silver/chrome. It is engraved on the backside of the clear piece.

I like your build so far.

I plan to use the kit supplied lights. As for the grille, I think Im gonna do a GTR style grille. Ive always preferred that look and it would also aid cooling. But, it I did use the center garnish, I think I would just paint the back side of the lettering in silver and then paint a coat of black over it. Should allow the silver to remain and have it surrounded in black. Thats what I would do anyway. Thanks for looking and glad you like it!

nope, just dont care much for them myself

but i love the craftsman ship your putting into this one

my favorite part is the spaghetti manifold :)

I appreciate the kind words on the work. Thats how I look at it... I dont care what the car is, Im appreciating the craftsmanship put into it. I like the manifold myself. I usually use Solder, but I decided to try out plastic and I like working with it. I can do tighter bends and more ornate designs with relative ease as long as you have the patience.

Edited by ll Brandon ll

• 2 weeks later...

Current updates. Rebuilt my Nismo powerbrace to make it look more realistic. Finished off my front brakes, detailed the front and rear subframes, built a fuel cell, started on my roll cage, and I GOT MY ORIGINAL CHROME STAGGERED MEISTERS!!!! The look SOOO sick! It took buying two sets of Gartimers to get them, but it was worth it. Oh and alot more filler and sanding for the bodywork. Anyway, thats where Im at. Its in final primer. I plan to shoot the paint (blue spoon) this week hopefully. I originally planned on black, but I just thought it would look too boring.

stp61626.jpg

stp61628.jpg

stp61629.jpg

stp61633.jpg

stp61642.jpg

stp61643.jpg