Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show off your interesting and Cool Die Cast 1/24

Nice Dodge NasTruck,The last one I bought (the first time) looked like a Brick.

BUt here's a Dodge you won't see much of and 4wd to boot.

(JohnnyLightning)

P9130014.jpg

P9130015.jpg

Ford Van (Johnny Lightning)

P9130013.jpg

Forklift from a Toyota Forklift dealer. Yaaaaaaaa

P9130010.jpg

For the VW fans, A NotchBack (I thought they were Coupes)

P9130018.jpg

BTW: I did find my FJ Cruiser today.

P9130004.jpg

Welly 1/24 scale Lotus Elise. Very hard to find in the US, and really wish there were plastic kits of the Elise/Exige.

IMG_4993-vi.jpg

IMG_4994-vi.jpg

IMG_4995-vi.jpg

Haven't gotten one yet, but there's a new company called "Mondo Models" that's doing some interesting 1/24 scale subjects like the new Maserati Gran Turismo coupe; another subject I'd love to build from plastic.

Dsc01776.jpg

Back around 1999, I made these marketing study cars for the Franklin Mint when George Bojaciuk was the product development manager. A "marketing study" model is a one-off creation to be passed around for a couple of years to the auto makers and several other companies who hold license on products to get their approval to mass produce the model. In these cases I was given existing Franklin Mint cars and was asked to turn them into other cars that could be marketed, giving new life to the tools. The amazing thing to me was that I was paid a VERY handsome sum to build these and then about 2 years later I got them back to keep as my very own. Franklin Mint decided not to market any of these and shortly thereafter, drastically downsized and let about 300 emplyees go.

I've been told these are worth approx. $2500 each to a serious diecast collector. If any of you happen to be SERIOUS diecast collectors, let's talk. :D

nets20520ConceptWillits20Build-vi.jpg

ar20Car20ConceptWillits20Build-vi.jpg

Earhardt's rookie year car.

DSCN1557-vi.jpg

The Bonnett and Earnhart cars were converted from the existing Petty car.

20Chevy20ConceptWillits20Build-vi.jpg

0Daytona20WinnerWillits20Build-vi.jpg

Didn't take much to convert the Pete Hamilton car from the Petty car.

I love diecasts! I build models, but I also collect diecasts, and YES, they are models too!

Here are three pretty cool ones I have. Note the detail level...PE pieces, throttle linkages with return springs, flocked carpeting, seatbelts with PE buckles, etc. These things are as detailed as any plastic kit you might build.

chevy-3.jpg

chevy-2.jpg

chevy-1.jpg

charger-1.jpg

charger-3.jpg

charger-2.jpg

charger-4.jpg

vette-3.jpg

vette-2.jpg

vette-1.jpg

That's not relaxed.....I'll post a few of mine for ya :lol:

Testors Lincoln Mint GTO Judge kit with a little detail painting, looks good on the shelf

Picture002.jpg

Franklin Mint 56 nomad.....real nice diecast.....My Grandpa had all versions of their tri-five Chevies.....each grandkid got to pick one when he passed away.....I picked this one and I'll give it to a grandchild of mine in the(hopefully)distant future.

Picture008.jpg

Falfa's 55........I think it's a Revell....I bought it for the Falfa figure and now he's driving a 59 El Camino pulling a Chris Craft boat.

Picture006.jpg

I have all scales of diecast, have modified several of my smaller scales, and really wish I was able to afford more of the higher quality diecast's out there. If it interest's me, I'm into it, I don't discriminate because of material used in manufacture. I even used to have some made of wax, problem with those is that they begin to disappear as soon as you light the wick :lol:

Edited by novadose71

That's not relaxed.....I'll post a few of mine for ya :P .......

Testors Lincoln Mint GTO Judge kit with a little detail painting, looks good on the shelf

Picture002.jpg

I have that same LM GTO 'Judge' the only thing I had to do to it was paint the 'engine' 'pontiac engine blue' and pick off the details like the trunk jack and the lock cylindder on the trunk lid and the antenae nub. oh and i had to black out the grille, i like that they give you the option of open or closed headlights, i chose the closed.

call me crazy B) but I would love a glue model kit of this:

Welly%20model1%20op%2024.jpg

it is a 1/25 scale from Welly, i only have the BTTF cars from parts I and III, gave the part II car to a friend and just have not had the chance to get another one.

and who do we have to kill to get a glue model kit of this:

92268r.jpg

the diecasts are nice and all but i want a glue kit in styrene B)

I have several 1/25th scale diecast bulldozers from SpeCast and First Gear, however the favourite diecast in my collection is this Liberty Canadian Tire diecast bank. Only the body and frame are from the original model. The running gear is from a Revell CJ5. I added a slant six engine. the flat rack, sand box and snowplow are scratch built.

1stltcom.jpg

Thanks

Carl Avis

Edited by dptydawg