Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Thunderbird?

101_3153.jpg

Yup! This is is it!

I wonder if this ever made it beyond the master point as seen here?? I'd make a few changes body-line wise, but this is super excellent! B)

That looks pretty good , but needs a few adjustments . I wonder if it is the MCW Nascar body ? From the pics on their web site it doesn't look very good . It might be worth a try tho' .

That looks pretty good , but needs a few adjustments . I wonder if it is the MCW Nascar body ? From the pics on their web site it doesn't look very good . It might be worth a try tho' .

2nd78tbirdstcar.jpg

78tbirdstcar.jpg

Ehhh.............It doesn't look bad to my sight. Of course I'm not much of a NASCAR fan..........especially of this era to present. But yes, it does look as though this may have been what he started with. Some proportional troubles to be fixed------but very workable to me!

The Nascar body is a very nice base to do the street stock version....most of the major rework will be the wheel openings and getting those bulges over them out and making the distintive trim in them.the rest will be easy, doing the Lincoln Mark V will be a little more involved.....but what a car!!!!....now the bug bite me and will have to find one of these Nascar Thunderbirds for sure to do the project.

The Nascar body is a very nice base to do the street stock version....most of the major rework will be the wheel openings and getting those bulges over them out and making the distintive trim in them.the rest will be easy, doing the Lincoln Mark V will be a little more involved.....but what a car!!!!....now the bug bite me and will have to find one of these Nascar Thunderbirds for sure to do the project.

who makes that kit?

I keep telling you guys, these cars will make it right through World War 3 and back.

And they have the handling to boot. On regular gas. Unlike this overhyped Muscle Car rubbish.

that`s about the truth, we had a small gas can pumping gas direct to the carb and an over sized semi battery, so the hood was left half open, but she still went with her 1994 tags

who makes that kit?

I've seen the kit . Even Dave (Dodge) will tell you it would be a large endevor to convert this to 1/25 scale . Or even a Factory Stock from NASCAR . I've even considered a TKM . Let's all flood MCW with a request for a '77-8-9 T-Bird Kit . When you are ready to do so , I will be in for one (oops , three) of these . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

2nd78tbirdstcar.jpg

78tbirdstcar.jpg

Revell have these cars as a stock cars twin pack (two models) but the fenders are flared and the wheel arches are huge and a full nascar interior. Rooly hard to make factory.

thunderbird01.jpg

The Mark V was very well done too as a matter of fact!

i bought a resin body for a Mark V linc, but it's pretty cludgey and slush cast. I just need to procure a chassis/engine for it.

link001.jpg

Revell have these cars as a stock cars twin pack (two models) but the fenders are flared and the wheel arches are huge and a full nascar interior. Rooly hard to make factory.

thunderbird01.jpg

i bought a resin body for a Mark V linc, but it's pretty cludgey and slush cast. I just need to procure a chassis/engine for it.

link001.jpg

Is the Lincoln a TKM ? It looks to be . Thanx ..

That Square 'Bird Nascar body is Not the same as what is wanted.

That Monogram/Revell body is the Smaller 80-81.

The 77-79 is longer.

It Might be possible to use one as a base, but will take even More work than jut the 'Bulged' wheel well

openings used to clear the race tires. 2 bodies would likely have to be grafted together to lengthen

it to correct earlier spec.

Plus, the different sheet metal shapes will need to be created.

link001.jpg

That looks for all the world like a TKM unit...........the one I saw on the Layitlow website, looked nicer to my eyes. Yes, I can remember very well when these cars were new as I was just out of High School then. Nothing said "You've Arrived" more than tooling around in one of these back in those days! B)

The last link I posted show a much,much better body and detail thaT the TKM version, I have the replay from the modeler doing in it and he hope to have it ready in about two months.

The TKM example shown above seem to be one of those "good ones" from them..A.K.A....not warpped like a bannana!!! To my surprice a local modeler have one of these TKM Mark V and offer to give it free...since it was beyond possibilitys of a good build, bur since I am optimistic modeler,ask myself..how bad could it be?....well.....I am STILL looking for a Mark V 1/25...and not bannanas!