Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well... I picked up a box of 14 model kits for $50 bucks today. :D Some built, some unbuilt. some not complete. But for $50, I'm definitely not complaining. That makes a total of 28 kits now. Time to be done for a LONG time on buying kits. :) I'm getting them faster than I make them. Also came with some paint. :)

I don't know if this counts, but I got some do it yourself window tint so back windows done, removed the ugly bumper, and took the helper springs off but unfortunately the rears sitting higher <_<. time for some lowering blocks and then loosen the torsion bars and leave the 4wd look.

photo_zps2f77f86e.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

I don't know if this counts, but I got some do it yourself window tint so back windows done, removed the ugly bumper, and took the helper springs off but unfortunately the rears sitting higher <_<. time for some lowering blocks and then loosen the torsion bars and leave the 4wd look.

photo_zps2f77f86e.jpg

Chevy Luv! The least lovable truck on the road... :D LOL

This is what i got yesterday. The boxes are a little worse for wear,but they will be built so thats ok. The papa truck has some stuff glued and the coke truck has enough parts to almost build two.

cheers Ewan

Real nice truck kits you scored....

1972 Chevelle SS 454
1966 Ford Mustang hard top
Lamborghini LP500S
2006 Chevy Camaro Concept
1959 Cadillac Eldorado
1971 Hemi Cuda
2006 Monte Carlo SS (Jeff Gordon)
Dodge Viper RT/10
1964 Chevy Impala SS Lowrider
1969 Z-28 Camaro RS
Honda Civic Hatchback
1970 Boss
1956 Chevy Nomad
Ford Econoline Custom Van

Got all of them for fiddy dollars. :D Oh goodness the mold colors they had a while back...

The '70 Boss 'Stang is molded in white... It's a parts kit, the body was nowhere to be found the guy says.

Camaro Concept is molded in Red

The El Dorado is molded in black. Which isn't too bad.

Cuda's in purple

Z-28 Camaro is molded in blue

I have a rainbow assortment of kits on hand. LOL

Chevy Luv! The least lovable truck on the road... :D LOL

I used to hate the look of them, but this thing has really grown on me! its a real turd so I wont be getting any speeding tickets but its incredibly reliable and the mileage is great so there's a lot to Luv :)

Edited by Dragfreak

I used to hate the look of them, but this thing has really grown on me! its a real turd so I wont be getting any speeding tickets but its incredibly reliable and the mileage is great so there's a lot to Luv :)

They're great trucks. I was just givin' ya a hard time. ;) I have a friend in High School who has one. He was about to do an LS2 swap, but he came to the conclusion that a 6.0 in that little 'ol truck wasn't a great idea. LOL

Only old Buick piece I have now is a custom rear roll pan for a '63 Electra, unfortunately. Did you get the roof?

These are the bumpers which are coming - I've IDed most of them, I think:

Yes, Chris. I did. I'm sorry- I thought I had let you know.

Well-packed, too. Thank you again.

Charlie Larkin

Picture in the car? Guess that's one of those kits you can't wait until you get home! :rolleyes:

Ha! Well I texted the picture to a friend, and it was just easier to repurpose that cell phone capture than to drag out the "real" camera after working 12 hours. Although at this point my cell phone's camera is almost better than my last generation full size near-DSLR camera.

Oh yes it is. LOL But I'm done for now. :P I don't need to fill a bedroom up. Haha

So you say! Back when I got into building, I had maybe 24 kits I had saved and bought over the years. I thought that was a lot back then but the guys in my newly joined club just chuckled. Now with over 1000 kits in my stash I understand! And many guys on the board have many times what I have!

So you say! Back when I got into building, I had maybe 24 kits I had saved and bought over the years. I thought that was a lot back then but the guys in my newly joined club just chuckled. Now with over 1000 kits in my stash I understand! And many guys on the board have many times what I have!

There was a guy selling 242 kits for $2,500 bucks... If I had the money to blow and not save, and somewhere to put them. I woulda pounced like a tiger. Haha

attachicon.gifPhoto on 3-30-14 at 7.21 PM #2.jpg

This is most of my kits I have. A few have some weak boxes and kept trying to knock over this wall masterpiece. LOL

Hi There Tucker

I'm wondering why you posted a reversed image? Is there a Medusa ugly kit hiding in there and you needed to image the Stash with a mnirror to keep from being turned to stone? :D

Hi There Tucker

I'm wondering why you posted a reversed image? Is there a Medusa ugly kit hiding in there and you needed to image the Stash with a mnirror to keep from being turned to stone? :D

LOL, I forgot to flip it. My camera takes pictures backwards. :lol:

Went to indoor flea market yesterday. Bought a revell 57 chevy pro sportsman kit for $2.00. It was missing one wheel. With over 500 kits to stare at in the hobbyroom I'm sure there is a spare wheel that will work. My wife couldn't figure out why I was giggling like a schoolgirl. Richard

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...