Model Cars Magazine Forum

Complete how too on applying acrylic craft paints.

Great info there!!!

This is my video on how to foil without BMF:

Do you do it the same way Chris?

Very similar. Great video bud! I use surgical blades and micro metal foil adhesive. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you enjoyed my first video. Applying floor polish is uploading right now. Stay tuned. :D

I have been trying this since you posted your other video last week. And for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Dwayne. Try this. Get a cheap .59 cent 2 oz bottle of paint from Walmart or the cheapest you can find. Mix it with 2 oz of tap water. With four oz of paint you can paint 6-7 bodies. Get a test body and spray it like I did in the video. Light mist coats and let it build up as you turn the body around and around. Once you have complete coverage examine it. Any runs you got to close, any pools you went to slow. Now, go to the sink rinse it off with warm water. Dry and repaint it again. Inspect and rinse off. When you start to feel good about it do it some more. This is a cheap way to just shoot and shoot and shoot until you get it figured out. Watch how you spray and if you get a bad reaction then figure out a way to correct it. I bet by the time you use all the paint you will know how to do it. Good luck and keep me posted.

I will try that this weekend. It seems like every time I spray no matter how I mixed it or my air pressure the paint looks textured. I have tried it quite a few times with the same results. I have mixed with both floor polish and windshield washer solvent.

I will try that this weekend. It seems like every time I spray no matter how I mixed it or my air pressure the paint looks textured. I have tried it quite a few times with the same results. I have mixed with both floor polish and windshield washer solvent.

Try this. Get a cheap .59 cent 2 oz bottle of paint from Walmart or the cheapest you can find. Mix it with 2 oz of tap water. With four oz of paint you can paint 6-7 bodies. Get a test body and spray it like I did in the video. Light mist coats and let it build up as you turn the body around and around. Once you have complete coverage examine it. Any runs you got to close, any pools you went to slow. Now, go to the sink rinse it off with warm water. Dry and repaint it again. Inspect and rinse off. When you start to feel good about it do it some more. This is a cheap way to just shoot and shoot and shoot until you get it figured out. Watch how you spray and if you get a bad reaction then figure out a way to correct it. I bet by the time you use all the paint you will know how to do it. Good luck and keep me posted. Hold airbrush back and there may be some texture based on the paint used. When you clear it with floor polish it is self leveling so it fills in any divits from texture then levels out. When you polish it with a good polish like Novus or 3M it will cut down high spots. Then a good wax will fill in any divits in clear and make it a high gloss mirror finish. I will have the polishing video up today.

I haven't given up yet. Im going to autorama tomorrow to pick up a few more kits. Then I'm locking myself in the room to figure the out

Right on. Enjoy the Autorama and keep with it. Remember a test body does not need to be sanded or prepped. Just washed. Hope to hear some good news sometime soon. :)

Arrgh.

Went for a spin in the Trusty Truck today. _Hit two 99.cent only stores, one Dollar General, and a Family Dollar

..and not ONE BOTTLE OF LA TOTALLY AWESOME MOP N' SHINE....

You Phoenix boys beat me to 'em?

Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...