Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

Looking great. I was thinking you would have had this done way before I got my super bee done! It appears we will be close. We will get that race set up yet. Lol.

it sure has been a while! ill be there for the race!

looks good. But all mopars of this era had body color firewalls and inner fenders.

stock yes, as a drag car, the owner has the choice of color

Still looking great Jason, I know school work is not the most desirable thing for a teenager, but it's necessary, and in the end you won't regret it!! :D

Agreed, a good education leads to a good job that leads to the ability to build one of these in 1:1.

Still looking great Jason, I know school work is not the most desirable thing for a teenager, but it's necessary, and in the end you won't regret it!! :D

yes school work is very important especially going down the path im taking.

Agreed, a good education leads to a good job that leads to the ability to build one of these in 1:1.

which is my plan, going into the navy as a Seabee construction mechanic and stay long enough to pay for me to go to Wyotech and from there find myself a high paying job.

getting the engine wrapped up, vacuum pump finished and installed, push lock line in, and all the fittings I scratch built. the whole unit is completely scratch built excluding the hose. not too shabby if I don't say myself, I also scratch built an overflow bottle except for the breather. and with the core support finished I think the Camaro radiator looks 100X better than the kit junk.

103_0836_zps06a4b2ed.jpg

103_0839_zps12abb4b8.jpg

103_0840_zpsd16c816c.jpg

103_0843_zps928b68a4.jpg

103_0850_zpsb9e9cc9e.jpg

all comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Awesome building I wish I could get my engines to look half as nice as this one.

And as for your plans for the future, very respectable, I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you, I've put a lot of effort and ventured into stuff that I thought I could never do with the engine, as for my future I hope it works out too, I feel that's its the better and smarter path rather than going straight to Wyotech and taking a loan to pay for it and then be in debt afterwards.

I'm ashamed I somehow missed watching most of this build but I did make it finally ... You building is a pleasure to see and at your age I happy to see you jump into making anything you don;t have and figuring a way to do it. That is the spirit of this hobby since I was doing it when I was your age ,,, :o

I'm ashamed I somehow missed watching most of this build but I did make it finally ... You building is a pleasure to see and at your age I happy to see you jump into making anything you don;t have and figuring a way to do it. That is the spirit of this hobby since I was doing it when I was your age ,,, :o

Thank you Mike, your comment means a lot!