Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Pictures

Keep in mind that Don and Carol started their business back before selling on the internet was common and they sold strictly at shows or mail order. It was enough work for them to just get orders out and put together their catalog and supplements, let alone taking pictures and adding to the cost of producing a catalog. Keep in mind a lot of their items are made to order and they don't always have everything sitting on a shelf, so getting pictures isn't easy.

If Don thought he needed to add pictures to sell more product, I am sure he would find a way to do so. Much like Norm at Replicas and Miniatures, he has established his business as being one of the best in terms of service and quality of product and a picture catalog will only distract from the core of his business- casting resin.

I will never hesitate to buy from them, they have always treated me well.

If it works don't fix it . The Business is run by a very few People . Family run as is many others . I wouild rather spend time buying from a catalog or online . If I don't know who I am buying from , I check it out , somewhere , like here . As with Replicas and minatures , a Phone call is quite reasonable . Don & Carol uswed to do the same . Phone calls did expanded to Eamil and a Website . I am Status quo for this Caster and some others . This is the reason for this site and other sites like this . Word of Mouth Advertising is best anyway . Not everyone is the same . I sure am an individual . Thanx ..

I asked Carol this at NNL East, during one of those rare moments when she wasn't running her keyster off, filling orders ( and while I was dropping about 250 bucks there myself. Her answer? She said she and Don both work 60 to 80 hours a week " on the job', DON'T HAVE TIME for pictures....And I understand her point....'Z'

Thanx Tom. I've added it to my collection of Modelhaus photoi links, which is how I've chosen to handle the photo deficit. It's also the way I've chosen to deal with the Replicas & Miniatures photo deficit. While I agree that the lack of photos is a serious problem for me, and no doubt for others,(I have occasionally purchased parts from them that weren't what I required - although it should be noted that this is no different than the problem I've hasd at times with kits I've bought from my LHS), and that product images would drive sales upwards substantially, this is a business decision these vendors have made and find acceptable. Despite the propaganda in today's financial world. growth and ambition are not everything. While the unequivocally superb quality of both these product lines may be obvious to anyone who has had the good fortune to see or use them, those who live outside the Eastern half of the USA, and/or don't attend model car shows in that region, and those who are new to the aftermarket part of the auto modeling hobby, can have no way of knowing what many of these items are, let alone how well made they are. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. In the meantime below is another photo link I've collected: Many thanx to those who have created them and made them available...With respect to Replicas & Minitures I highly recommend anyone considering their fine products purchase their catalog. It provides a complete listing of all their hundreds of offerings and includes all product updates issued over the years. All these updates include photographs of the new parts released, and the original catalog pages also have dozens of photos of important items.

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/Oldsklhombre/ModelCars/Modelhaus%20Pics/08%20pics/

Edited by Bernard Kron

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a few parts and a few cars here and there from The Modelhaus. Always liked their service quality and products. I am a Volvo/Mercedes tech and my standards are pretty high for most things in my life. So I sold off a ton of kits I will never build and dropped about $650 on kits and parts from them, never seeing pictures up close and personal. As always, I was not disappointed. I had ONE flaw in the chrome work but that was easily rectified by Don. Both Don and Carol are a God send to this hobby and have set the bar for products and services.

Would I drop that kinda money again for their products? In a heart beat.........now if they come out with a '73-'78 LTD Country Squire, '75-'79 Lincoln Town Car or coupe, Buick Century from '73-'77...........we can all dream, right?