Model Cars Magazine Forum

New kid on the Forum!

Andrew, those sure look a lot better than the ones I did when I was 12! Then again, you have an excellent guide there with your stepdad.

Clayton, I was going to ask if you were the same MrModelT from the Hamb, but reading here I am pretty sure that you indeed are. I rarely post over there, but I've followed your T saga since about a week or so after you started posting. It's my favorite car on the hamb. I absolutely love it, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching it evolve over the years.

So, a huge welcome to both of ya!

Andrew, those sure look a lot better than the ones I did when I was 12! Then again, you have an excellent guide there with your stepdad.

Clayton, I was going to ask if you were the same MrModelT from the Hamb, but reading here I am pretty sure that you indeed are. I rarely post over there, but I've followed your T saga since about a week or so after you started posting. It's my favorite car on the hamb. I absolutely love it, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching it evolve over the years.

So, a huge welcome to both of ya!

Thank you kindly for the welcome

I am indeed one and the same :) It has been a fun ride and will continue to be so for quite some time....I have plenty more planned for it :) I am actually building a 1/25th scale replica of my T. I will put a build thread for it later.

Andrew is a bright kid and has taken to this hobby extremely well and has made large strides in skill learing in a VERY short amount of time.

Hopefully tonight we will start his build thread for the '34 Duesenberg :)

Here a few pics of my T...

post-11863-0-13006200-1368481163_thumb.j

post-11863-0-46537200-1368481188_thumb.j

post-11863-0-98952900-1368481203_thumb.j

Edited by MrModelT

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I was still teaching junior/senior high school and that I could show this to my students. So many of my kids looked at me very strangely for building models. As did a lot of the faculty, which was very off-putting.

Keep up the good work, Andrew. You have tremendous talent and will make a good role-model for your peers, especially if everything you do, academically, socially and personally turn out that well.

Charlie Larkin

Andrew- welcome to this forum and hobby. Your skills and talent are beyond most 12 year olds and like Harry said, even beyond some of us "older" modelers! Enjoy this hobby and the time spent with your step-dad as the years go fast!

Clayton- thank you for introducing Andrew to the hobby and showing him the basics to get him started. I am sure he will appreciate the patience and time spent together.

I look forward to seeing the work you two create and share with us here and best of luck on your show winning build!