Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are you?

I mean besides model builders and artists. My vocation for 30 years was a construction equipment mechanic. I longed to be a guitarist, but couldnt cut it. I found out by accident that I was a drummer. A roomate set up his drums, and in a few weeks I was as good as he was after his years of playing. So I am curious, was there anything that you guys just sort of fell into and found you were pretty good at it?

I just joined this forum yesterday. I perform non-destructive tests in a nuclear powerplant environment, and have played drums for almost 40 years.

My wife and I spend a good deal of our summers tearing around on motorcycles. Motorcycles are actually my favourite model to build, although I an tackling that 1/12 gt 500 'stang.

Plumber.....long time.

Plumbing tip:

Do you have a toilet that does not seem to flush right and plugs easily? Toilets are like coffee pots. Lime and calcium can build up and plug the holes under the rim where water comes out and creates a swirl. Take the top off the tank and use a product by ZEPP that is a delimer. You can get it at the Home Depot. Vinegar will work too. Pour it down that tube that sticks up and brown goop will star coming out from under the rim. Pour some in the bowl itself to delime the trap. It should work like new again. If you have a swimming pool you can use that acid but it will take your breath away if you are not careful.

Christian,husband to one awesome wife,house-dad to two awesome kids,pro-lifer,pro-right-to-bear-arms'er,friend to anyone/enemy to few (and not intentionally so on that),disabled,Veteran of the US ARMY during the Gulf War,ex-trucker,mtn biker,model builder,ex-motocrosser,video gamer,minitrucker,drag racer (street cars classes,when I have something to race),ol'skool rodder,VW lover,soapbox stander-onner,retro-grouch at 39.....I could go on,LOL,but that there's the jist :)

It's from TNG,that episode where they found these crystel-like things on this planet that were alive and interconnected in the wet sand,they brought some on board,and it continuously grew until they were all about to die,then they realised all they had to do was to turn the lights down and talk to it,the cool part of the episode was when Data was trapped in the room with the lazer drill for a few minutes,heh heh heh.......wait,add "Trek Geek: to my list of what I am :P