Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hawaiian 69 charger

brett

thanks guys,
started the detailing, rear brakes, then plumbing / wiring the engine
DSCF7995.jpg
DSCF7996.jpg
DSCF7998.jpg

paint is 3 coats of Duplicolor Metal specks one coat of a dark blue nail polish then 2 wet coats of the Duplicolor again. Wet sanded with 2000 grit wet and dry then a nice wet coat of Duplicolor clear. Decals were then applied two days later a mist then a wet coat of Tamiya clear.

I only used the nail polish as it wasnt quite dark enough imo with the Duplicolor alone.

Chris, its definitely a great kit for that, if you leave well enough alone :rolleyes: , getting something on the shelf that looks good is great motivation

Dave, not to rub it in but it's been a hot (for here) dry one too :P

Bill, no its the Revell body, A fellow club member just finished his as I started mine and I thought the rear wheel arch cutouts looked to big so I only went about halfway on mine.

Thanks Tyrone, means a lot buddy.

I've been working on the steering box linkage assembly's so not much to show, hope to get the master cylinders drilled and the cage mounted today so hopefully a few pics later of all that.

Thanks mate, busy as hell lately with mum, nearly lost her last Thurs, been in hospital since but could be coming home again tomorrow. But now back to your regular sponsored program,with things that'll make you go blind ............
DSCF8038_zps416b6099.jpg
DSCF8039_zpsb4ff04a4.jpg
DSCF8041_zps5362c4fc.jpg
DSCF8044_zps7851ee55.jpg

thanks guys, I appreciate your nice comments, Figured if I have the coolant and fuel lines then I should also have the oil lines...................... but...................... theres no pump ...... so...............
DSCF8045-6_zps422911cb.jpg
the holes you see were also filled in with 1/2 mm hex rod which were then all filed down to about 1/2mm height ,then the other lines added, filters drilled then installed
DSCF8050-3_zps95f80fbb.jpg
DSCF8052-2_zps8ffe0c0f.jpg
positive battery cable installed and wired to the starter motor
DSCF8053-2_zpsf6ba363a.jpg
complete (though you cant see it) with little tab and bolt head detail.
rear end done
DSCF8051-3_zpscc20ad44.jpg