Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crankys Workshop article in the new issue

With a rust technique like yours I'm guessing you lived in the north at one time?I see you live in Fla.When I lived in Jacksonville,I saw a lot of sun faded cars, N.Y. is where rust rules.Give a new car here a year on the road and it has rust on it,LOL.Oh I'm still waitin for a new build,elbow,elbow.

LOL!!! I thought you had a plethora of stuff already!

Like that COLOR MODULATION article.

Plus I'd like to do one on how to upholter and detail interiors with printer graphics, etc . . .

Can't you just wave your fingers over a future issue of the magazine (a la Obi Wan Kanobi) and tell us what you see? :rolleyes:

Maybe I havent sniffed enough glue because im only modeling N scale trains LOL! It's great to know an Expert modeler is here to help us out when we need it. Thx Cranky :rolleyes: but beware of the men in dark shades there everywhere B):P;);)

Edited by Aftashox

Well the design bug hit me today when me and the fam went to a few garage sales, got some bionicle sets thrown in a deal for free and after looking at the parts some creative ideas are coming to me. These parts are cool and have great art deco type shapes. He has inspired me to do some apoc building now.... forget about the shiny gloss coats for a while and take a break from 100% accurate builds...

time to get to work...

Edited by Darren B

I finally got a copy of the new MCM and had a chance to read Cranky's article.

That's some really cool stuff, Virgil!!

I also build SF3D stuff, both from the box, (because it's so cool on its own), and some modified pieces.

I may try building a post WWIII car. It looks like a lot of fun!!

Thanks for sharing,

Read Cranky's article,and pay close attention to his use of magnets. I've been using them for years to hold my model's hoods in place(both shut and open),only I get mine from www.amazingmagnets.com - I think they would work well holding 'opening' doors closed,too.........'Z'

talk about being a week behind and a benjamin short. :D ... I thought I had a bright idea and purchased 1mm x 3mm magnets, about two weeks ago, to keep the doors, trunk and hood shut when I modify them on future builds. I was/ am still figuring out, in my head, the best way to go about it... Guess I will just pick up the issue and save myself some brain cells.

I just subscribed to MCM today. I hope my subscription starts there, if not, I will have to order the back issue. On the bright side, I purchased 126 magnets for $ 15.08, shipping included so I will be ready one of these days. :)

I hope more folks do experiments with magnets. Also, thanks for subscribing to the magazine and supporting it, and this forum.

Please post your progress.

Rommell, look through the ON THE WORKBENCH for a couple of rust-technique builds I posted last year. They explain the salting and weathering methods a lot better than I could in one sitting.

Best, V.