Model Cars Magazine Forum

"POPS" Texaco Complete 11/02/09

ronr

Ron , I still fail to see how you are going to heat the place in the winter time . Where you have the tire changer , there should have been a Utility room . I know what working in such a place is all about too. I worked in a fprmer Texaco/ Fina station with no heat in Dallas Texas once . Never again , I beleive that was the fomation of several of my current health ailments I suffer from today . Ed Shaver

Guest Gramps-xrds

Great job Ron. There will always be things you'll see after it's done that you wish you'd done but that's why they say dio's are never done. I love the Vespa scooter. When I was a teen there were at least 6 of the Allstates from Sears runnin around town. Those things were a blast to run around on.

Edited by Gramps-xrds

Thanks for the comments guys. Wayne look me up at Atlanta. Chuck and I are both bringing Dios. Should be some good eye candy in the Dio Section.

Harry, to answer your question:

I used 2 MRC Texaco stations with the tools ond accessories that come with them.

Rest room sets, pay phones and ton of other goodies came from Scale Models By Chris. He has a lot of cool dio stuff from tools all the way to cardboard boxs.

Scale Equipment LTD supplied a lot of the smaller detail items, desk sets and such,

Fujimi Garage & Tools supplied tools and accessories.

I bought a Great Garages kit years ago and it had tons of good detail items in it.

Figures:

Tamiya Campus Friends

" Rally Mechanics

Fujimi Figures and interior sets

" Drivers Figures

Alot of stuff was Scratch built, Tire Machine, Work Benchs, Lights, Electrical Outlets, Meter box, Breaker box. just to name a few.

The Tree is a peice of California Silver Sage Brush with Woodland Senics detail foam added to it.

A lot of the items were collected over the years, I`m somewhat of a pack rat.

I enjoyed building it......well most of it........and hope everyone enjoys looking at it.

Ron Royston

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...