Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help with my carbon FXX?

Please help me!

I love this kit but some of the instructions confuse me (which isnt all that hard!)

Im putting the rear suspension together which is step 14 in both the tamiya instructions and the SMP intructions.

My question is: when putting the # 82 a,b,c shock mounts of the SMP kit, I cant figure out how many to use. It seems that if i glue parts B, and C together, the stem wouldnt fit into the shock's mounting hole?!

And there is a lot of those peices (18 in all).

Please explain the proper way of using these parts.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

My question is: when putting the # 82 a,b,c shock mounts of the SMP kit, I cant figure out how many to use. It seems that if i glue parts B, and C together, the stem wouldnt fit into the shock's mounting hole?!

I can only find online instructions for the Tamiya Ferrari FXX. but I don't see anything like what you are talking about. Which kit are you using? can you post a pic of the instructions that are confusing you?

He's talking about the Scale Motorsport FXX detail kit. The Instructions are on the Scale Motorsport site. I haven't started mine yet so can't answer the question.

You might try Automotiveforums.com and ask there. Someone may have likely done it already or do a search for FXX.

Edited by Exotics_Builder