Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Pocher F40 Ferrari

Romell R

Romell, I have seen you post in the past about wanting one of these and finally finding one. How great it is that this model is going to find new life in the hands of a very talented builder. Thanks for letting us follow along with you in this journey.

Thanks fellas for the encouragement....

Dave your soo correct im having a ball and what good is having a hobby if your not having fun with it RIGHT!

Fred I agree with you, it's worth every penny I spent and its a whole new building experiance for me too...

Here's a few pic of the progress I wont say much, Just that I scratch built the starter and solenoid, And that the horse on the steering wheel is hand painted and polished. enjoy!

someparts006.jpg

someparts010.jpg

Getting a bit of top end work done now.....

someparts013.jpg

someparts018.jpg

someparts019.jpg

sorry the wheel was still a bit wet in places....

someparts001.jpg

see ya soon! image107.gif

Fantastic work! A few years ago Jairus did a multi-part build of this kit in MCM.I don't know if you'll get anything out of it but it might be good read. That upgrade kit sure looks like it was worth it!

Id like to see that Mike do you have a link to his build??

The later Pochers (F40, Testarossa and Porsche) are just a shadow of the Pocher "Classics." Waaaay less parts, much less detail. The aftermarket transkits for those models are pretty much a requirement if you want a detailed, accurate model. The transkits are expensive (they can cost as much as the kit itself), but they're worth it.

Well I have a bit of progress to share with ya, I was able to work on the motor and exhaust today. The exhaust took some soldering and I had a really good time putting this all together. I still have to paint the exhaust parts so I plan to do that tomorrow. I hope you enjoy.......

alternator with scratched pulley.......

motorexhaust001.jpg

Header flange in place .......

motorexhaust004.jpg

and the exhaust work.......

motorexhaust007.jpg

motorexhaust008.jpg

this is the exhaust bracket that you have to build to support the exhaust, the trans kit come with and excellent jig to help you build this piece.......

motorexhaust003.jpg

Thanks for stopping in .......image107.gif

Wow...I'm not a fan of the F40 much at all, but the quality of the build is worth watching. Great work!

Yeah there are lots of builds I watch just for the craftmanship involved

You are too much. Your workmanship is among the best I have seen anywhere.

Thanks Ron I appreciate that you enjoy my work!

Yeah there are lots of builds I watch just for the craftmanship involved

Thanks Ron I appreciate that you enjoy my work!

I watch your work for the same thing too! But if you don't mind me asking, can you PM me on here of afew of the other builders that you watch? I like watching things like that myself. Keep the good model building work also man! Oh yea, I'm watching this build as well.

I watch your work for the same thing too! But if you don't mind me asking, can you PM me on here of afew of the other builders that you watch? I like watching things like that myself. Keep the good model building work also man! Oh yea, I'm watching this build as well.

Not a problem Jim I'll PM you with those names tomorrow......

Thanks fellas for the compliments on the build I have a small update for you......

I was able to get the exhaust system installed along with most of the pressure lines I also started on the clean air intake I hope you enjoy the photos

here I made all the exhaust pipes in brass.....

moremotordetail001.jpg

moremotordetail002.jpg

Here the turbo system is started

moremotordetail003.jpg

moremotordetail004.jpg

the clean air intake started.....

moremotordetail010.jpg

moremotordetail011.jpg

Heck at this rate the motor will be completed with a few more days thanks for joining me.....