Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Cogswell Cogs" Corvette

gowjobs

stratovette04.jpg

Picture it with turbine power and the exhaust stacks shooting out the side coves, little arials with clear discs above the headlights, out the center of the taillights and some other choice places, and some pearl/candy paint.

stratovette03.jpg

stratovette01.jpg

Anybody know where I can get a pinup-style pic of Judy Jetson?

stratovette02.jpg

Looks cool, but you might want to look at the camber on that left front wheel, could be dangerous :twisted: . So, who's going to build the Spacely Sprockets gasser? Correction, turbine-er.

Hmmm... yeah - looks like they ordered the wrong front wheel bearings - lots of slop in there. I'll make sure to get that fixed before I fire up the turbine. These turbines will run on just about anything - kerosene works well enough, but they'll run on propane, gasoline, even diesel.

When I was in the Navy, sometimes the tanker we were refueling from would be out of DFM (diesel fuel, marine) so we'd end up having to run the boilers on JP-5 (naval jet fuel) instead. We wouldn't get as many BTU's out of a gallon (it burned much hotter, but flashed faster), but it sure cleaned all the crud off the tubes in the boiler!