Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM Opel Admiral Cabriolet

Luc Janssens

I just hope they get around to scaling up their 1937 Packard Twelve (Stalin had one with armored doors and bulletproof windows, thus its relevance to WWII armor modeling). But it's one of the newer 35th kits, so it'll probably be a while before it makes it to 24th. They seem to be following a similar schedule as they did for the original 35th scale kits.

That is really cool. I am impressed ICM is trying out the 1/24 market. It looks like a complicated kit - that's not bad - but, man, all those seperate body parts…and the thin chrome strip/hood hinge…I could see myself snapping that in half just getting it off the sprue!

What? No up top?

All the door handles - inside and out - are separate. That's a great touch.

Two part steering wheel is cool and looks delicate and in scale.

Cool straight six with, it looks like, a lot of tiny separate parts.

If I see one, I'll probably be forced to buy one...

I just hope they get around to scaling up their 1937 Packard Twelve (Stalin had one with armored doors and bulletproof windows, thus its relevance to WWII armor modeling). But it's one of the newer 35th kits, so it'll probably be a while before it makes it to 24th. They seem to be following a similar schedule as they did for the original 35th scale kits.

Except that Stalin's car was a Russian sort-of copy of a Packard 180--NOTHING interchangeable at all, not even sheet metal. Packard enthusiasts and historians have argued about that issue for several decades, but with at least one or two examples now in the US, pretty much it's been confirmed that the ZIS limousines that were built in the Stalin era were actually rather crude copies of the senior Packard.

Art

• 5 weeks later...