Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '53 Chevy

Who needs that one when we have this one......

IMG_2386.JPG

Not the same scale

Not the same kit

Not the same stuff inside

It's from the Revell "Fiddly" series (floppy doors, hoods, trunk and spindly suspension,and the same ol 409)

come to think of it, I don't have one of those. But I still want a Monogram '53

Not the same scale

Not the same kit

Not the same stuff inside

It's from the Revell "Fiddly" series (floppy doors, hoods, trunk and spindly suspension,and the same ol 409)

come to think of it, I don't have one of those. But I still want a Monogram '53

Yeah, I knew most of this. I was just pullin' your chain.... LOL

What is the difference between this kit and the later Revell version? I have one that is in the Lowrider box but the rest of the kit is really nice.

The 1/24 Revell re-boxed Monogram kit? Not much, really, other than the addition of the lowrider parts, paints, and paintbrush.

I would be perfectly happy if any and all of the 1/25 and 1/24 Revell and Monogram '53/4 Chevy kits never saw the light of day again, echoing Nick's feelings above. These aren't great kits being totally honest, and all of them, including reissues, are still easy to find, and not very expensive.

Guest Johnny

I'm sure that there are a lot of people, myself included that think otherwise on those kits!

While not perfect or the best kits ever made they are the ONLY kits made of that particular car and it is unlikely that a new mold would be made in the near future.

Just like SOME here say it's bad for the hobby for people to say a kit is ok with it's flaws the same can be said of those that HOPE a kit does not get repopped because they personally don't like it!

I'm building a monogram '53 factory stock. One of the details I changed to make it look more stock is to ditch the inner fenders and firewall, and replace them with the ones from the AMT 1951 kit. I've got aways to go: this has been on the back burner...

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

I think this is the same kit I once had only it was boxed as being from the movie "Grease". I remember it had decals that looked like rust and I thought, "Why would someone want to put those on a model?" This was back when rust wasn't cool. :lol:

I think this kit has a lot of potential even if it is 1/24. First, I have scavenged the I-6 from it, for my 1/24 39 Chevy gasser. My plans for the rest of the kit, are to either add a sbc from a 1/24 '37 Ford kit and make a modern resto-mod or add the chassis from the 1/24 Tom Daniels Badman and the bbc from the '39 Chevy and make another gasser.