Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a couple Caravans like that Greg, one that was an early Caravan that had recieved a major stretch being used as a hearse and the other was a newer one done up just like that to transport the deceiced between where ever they last were to the funeral home for pre burial prep.

I agree David,they do not compliment the car at all. Oh well,to each there own.

Here's another odd vehicle,soccer mom hearse ;)

IMAG0826.jpg

Many mortuaries here in Phoenix use those as residential removal and transfer vehicles instead of sending out a hearse. They're a bit nicer than a big cargo van and less conspicuous than a full hearse.

David G.

Joe and David,pretty interesting. Maybe I just never noticed one before. I agree better that a cargo van or especially a pick em up.

Plus if it was. Soccer mom it would really be ideal.;)

I've always dug hearses and flower cars any shape or size. Saw this this morning.

IMAG0827.jpg

Believe it or not, I've been in this business for more than a decade, and I've never seen a flower car in person. Here in Phoenix, we use cargo vans for the flowers.

I'd hate to have to crawl all the way to the front of that cargo area through all the flower muck... with a suit on. <_<

Thanks for the pic. If you don't mind, I'd like to lift a copy of it for my research file.

Thanks,

David G.

Wow very cool flower cars! Here is one of my favorite newer trucks. Nothing to fancy but a Bee Dodge and one beat up projects Monte Carlo that belongs to a friend of mine I haven't seen in 11 years and was able to see on New Years. Factory T-top car too. I wish it was in better shape. Also I found a nice Mustang drafting a U-Haul.

0102111716.jpg

0102111716a.jpg

0101111740c.jpg

0101111741.jpg

0101111741a.jpg

0101111740a.jpg

0101111741b.jpg

0101111741c.jpg

0101111741d.jpg

0101111411.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cant let this thread die off so.... Here are a few more I have found lately......

1950 Ford custom?

0129111130.jpg

Could almost pass as Daisey's Jeep :lol:

1212100903.jpg

Nice Caddy!

1215100858.jpg

Can you spot the one vehicle that is not boring?

1216100919.jpg

Not rare but this is the cleanest Dooley of this style I have seen in a long time

1219100855.jpg

Mid 70's Grand Prix?

1220100839.jpg

Un-molested, lady driver 1st Gen Camaro

1223101238.jpg

A few more...

Whats left of a Stude in down town Phoenix :lol:

0205111444.jpg

0205111444a.jpg

0205111445.jpg

1st Gen Firebird with the nose in the air. I thought the style was supposed to be nose down and rear up. It was nice though.

1230101209.jpg

Nice 3 door

1228100848.jpg

I'm trying to buy this one. I have been doing foot work for over a year now.

DSC09974.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

Have you EVER seen a Caddy Wagon that was NOT a Hearse?????

DSC09977.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_1981.jpg

And to go along with this nice looking Gladiator, I give you a Cherokee Panel Truck... I found this in Daleville, IN and it was sold a few months after I took these pictures. Very few of these were made, I believe that this is a 1964 model. This is a factory vehicle. It's a Cherokee without window openings punched in the side panels and when I opened the back doors, the doorjamb was the same as on my '81 Wagoneer.

anosrc.jpg

2ykaqdl.jpg

This is my daily driver, the '81 Wagoneer. Point of interest; When Willys, later AMC, changed the grilles in this family of vehicles, all they did was design a grill and headlight buckets that set out in front of the original gladiator style sheetmetal. That original sheetmetal became the core support, so to speak and still exists behind my '81's plastic DOT approved grill. This would make backdating a newer Wagoneer or Cherokee pretty simple. A set of CJ-7 headlight buckets and trimrings, a Gladiator center grill, problem solved... I'm seriously considering it...

2qldeg4.jpg