Model Cars Magazine Forum

Older Virginia State Police color

Posted this on another forum and for sure thought i would get a answer but guess none of those guys have done older VSP models...Anyone here???

If you were doing an older VSP car what color would you select from rattle can. I know confederate grey should be the color but I can't seem to find anything close to that in rattle cans.

Thanks in advance Earle

You maybe want to look at Krylon's "Shortcuts" line of small rattle cans, but I for one believe this will require a trip to an OReilly's for some Duplicolor "Real Match".

Top you might just have to "wing it" and eyeball the color.

G

Edited by Agent G

I used standard Testors gloss gray.I had one of the full size cars and it's hard to tell the difference in color. The hard part for me was finding the correct blue. I found a few tins of Humbrol from someone across the pond which was a close match. Here are a couple of old pics. The camera gives it more of a blue tint that it actually has.

DSC01369-1.jpg

cars3.jpg

Nicely done Ken!

Show us some more please.

G

Thanks, I'll have to take more pics with a better camera next time I'm at the house in NC. All of my models are down there. Matter fact, I'll make a new post with some of the pics I currently have on my computer.