Model Cars Magazine Forum

Limited Edition Sixties Style Hot Rods, Expressions of Intersest

Hey Guys.

I have been quite of late on the forums as I have been trying to wrap a range of vintage truck kits. With the first of those finally nearing completion I am looking at restarting another range of kits I was working on up until late last year before the truck kits took over my time. Anyway here is what I am looking at producing.

These will loosely be based on sixties style 26-34 hot rods with various period correct features such as diamond tuft roof inserts, bullet head lights and tail lights, finned drums, two piece whitewall slicks and quick change rears. Most kits will be limited to just 30 of each body style with a couple limited to just 15 for each body style.

The closed bodies will have separate roof inserts to make them easier to paint and also to display the interiors. All will run as channelled open wheeled styles with all the parts bar the engine being included. All kits will also have detailed instructions and each casting will be individually numbered.

Here is what I am planning on producing.

FORD

1926/27 Model T Coupe "Chopped", Roadster, Roadster Pickup.

1928/29 Model A Five Window Coupe, Sports Coupe, Tudor.

1930/31 Model A Pickup, Roadster Pickup, Roadster, Stock height Coupe, Sports Coupe.

1932 Pickup "Chopped", Roadster Pickup, 5 Window Chopped, Cabriolet, Sports Coupe, Sports Coupe "Chopped", Roadster with Duvall V Wind shield and Carson style top

1934 3 Window Coupe, 3 Window Coupe "Chopped", Cabriolet.

PONTIAC

1932 5 Window Coupe, 5 Window Coupe "Chopped"

CHEVROLET

1932 5 Window Coupe, 5 Window Coupe "Chopped" Pickup.

DODGE

1933 Pickup, Coupe, Roadster, Tudor.

So far the closest ones to being completed are the 26-27 T Coupe and Roadster, 28-29 Tudor, 30/31 Pickup, 32 Chopped Pickup and Roadster Pickups and 34 3 Window Coupes and Cabriolet. Of all these the T Coupe and A Tudor are the closest to being moulded. I am looking at producing the kits in correct order of years starting with the Model Ts. I will have photos of the T Coupe once I have cast up the prototype. Unfortunately I can't give a timeframe for completion of the first kits but feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to know how they are progressing. All feedback welcome ! I

Edited by fractalign

One reason for that Joe is that the pre-49 years are the most overlooked when it comes to model kits. Fords are reasonably well represented and Chevrolets and Willys to a lesser degree. There are no thirties Dodges that I am aware of that were produced as kits or Pontiacs for that matter. The 33 Dodge pickup is more than half finished and the 32 Pontiac coupes are well under way.

The prices will be around the 40 dollar mark but that is in Australian dollars. With the exchange rate I think it works out to about US $32.00. Hopefully the Australian dollar will keep on dropping then the kits will fall below the US $30.00 mark.

I am putting the finishing touches on the T Coupe at the moment along with the 29 A Tudor and 33 Dodge Pickup. I am hoping to have some images of them up over the weekend. I will also be looking for feedback on interior design, tuck n roll or diamond tuft for the door trims and seats.

I'm interested in seeing the Pontiac and Chevy coupe's it wouldn't be that hard once the main body is mastered for those to produce '33-'34s to go along with them, the only big change from the'34 to the'35 would be the fenders, they're more like the '36.

Hey Andy.

You will be pleased to know I have a post up on the Truck Aftermarket Resin category about a range of early model trucks I will be releasing shortly. And yes there will be various different 30 and 31 pickups included as well.

Hey Guys.

I was hoping to have some decent photos up but I have forgotten how to post photos since I have done any since last year. You will have to make do with some crappy thumbnails images until I get things sorted out and I can put some proper images up. This one is the Model T Coupe, the roof is chopped for something different. This one is based off the Revell Tudor.

post-8856-0-25433400-1434011394_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign

The 33 Dodge Coupe. The coupe will be a 3 window version, yes they did exist, built in Australia by a company called TJ Richards. The body for each style will be three piece consisting of the main body shown here as well a firewall and top. As well as a coupe, there will also be a roadster and cabriolet version too. The passenger and commercial bodies will all use the same firewalls.

post-8856-0-04253700-1434012234_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign