Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

Al has a real job that causes him to travel all over. He's the probably best tire caster around and must be busy. Plus, he's a pretty decent guy. We had dinner together on his last trip to FLA.

Oh wait. I see you live in Canada, Pat. Maybe Al is upset with our northern neighbors because of the cold weather you let seep to the south. I know I am. :lol:

Edited by crazyjim

I'll take your words into consideration, Bro.

Pat, I've talked with Al many times, an he is kinda busy this time of year. He travels a bit in his job, and may just be away. he WILL come thru for you though, Bro, Caz it's NOT EVEN Cuzzin Al's speed to do ya wrong! I promise you that! :);)

pretty much what everyone else said

i did feel he could be a bit better at staying in tough but his work is well worth the wait

Jim, did you check out the rims he now offers for those M/Ts?

they are sweet

Al mentioned he was working on them. I can't find them on his website. Where are they?

i know that he now offers the M/T frontrunners from the pro street superbee kit, i sent him 2 of mine to make molds off of , as soon as i can round a set of them up he is going to start casting the Firestone tires from the revell 67 pro street chevelle kit and the wide M/T's from the pro street superbee kit. it does take awhile to get your parts from him, but it is definitely worth the wait

best i know he didnt offer any when i ordered my MTs from him (along with some other parts)

but after a few emails he told me he would make a few, i cant imagine he would just make a set for me and not ad them to his regular line up...i'd imagine there'd be a huge demand for them since just about every kit with wide rims runs the centerline (i think thats what they are called, the "closed" wheels) and i just cant stand the looks of them

anyways, when i got the MTs he included a set of cragar SSs aswell as a set of keystone classics

each set contains a center and a sleeve

the idea being that you can sand the sleeve down to fit just about any tire width you can find

here is a shot of the keystones

1323037712.jpg

1323406654.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Initially I put this request in the general, but perhaps it is better here. I've tried multiple times to contact Alan at Ma's Resin, but my emails are coming back. His website is still up; was wondering if anybody had heard from him?

Thanks,

John

i found it easier to call him

Al's stuff is top notch and well worth the wait and cost. I placed an order and it took about 2 months to get my stuff, which was a little longer than Al estimated but the product is very nice! I did place a big order and Al casts product as it is ordered so I knew I had to wait and he wants it to be right before he ships so I appreciate that aspect of his business.

As was mentioned, he travels and resin casting is a sideline for him so please be patient when you do order. I have not heard any bad stories about Al and i would just warn you that it may take a few tries to get through to him but you will love the product!