Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

• 5 months later...

Been awhile since I had any updates on this but I finally got some primer on it. The red that was on the hood show through the primer, but I can take care of that with some sealer.Also I opened up the grille and will put some mesh behind it. hope you enjoy. I may reshape the back end to make it a little more modern, what do you think??.

IMG_1176-vi.jpgIMG_1179-vi.jpg

IMG_1180-vi.jpgIMG_1181-vi.jpg

WoW, not what I expected, this looks killer!!!!!!! I like what your doing with this, only suggestion, and it's just that a suggestion, the rear quarter window. Bring the forward curve back into like on the 70 Chevelle to give the side profile more of a Chevelle roofline. Just a thought!!

Charlie is right. GM needs to be taking some serious notes on this one! They built a Saleen Camaro out of a GTO so, why not a Chevelle out of a Camaro. I would love to see someone with the money take a similar idea to West Coast Customs for a 1:1. You know they would take on the challenge.

After this one, have you thought about resin casting it? If you did, you could make another and make the trunk area into a mini bed to turn it into an El Camino. You could also make another with a vinyl top option. Gee, there are all kinds of good ideas this build can inspire or be modified into.

Edited by Skydime

Work and craftsmanship is great, but I would have done a slightly chopped 1970 roof on the new Camaro body...I think the car looks more like a 65-68 Impala. Not bashing the car by any means, just doesn't have the roof line that is very specific to the '70-72 Chevelles. Still, great build and can't wait to see more!

Well I kept looking at the back of this build and just thought it did not look new enough so I did a little cutting and adding some plastic to change it up a bit, I also moved the license plate down, but it still does not look right to me. any way here are a few pictures, I will let you guys be the judges.

IMG_1190-vi.jpgIMG_1193-vi.jpg

After a little clean up Side few.

IMG_1198-vi.jpgIMG_1199-vi.jpg

Hello again, I was also think about adding some side molding to this. My idea is to embed the molding into the body. I added a strip of plastic to the side to get an idea what it would look like. this would be body color so not to distract from the car. What do you guys think.

IMG_1200-vi.jpgIMG_1202-vi.jpg