Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your Chevy S10!

Cool s10's and models! Cool topic. This s10 blazer i built about 4yrs ago or so.(I will be restoring this blazer, new color and other stuff) I have 2 more blazers planed out to build just need the time. I have an s10 pick up im going to restore soon too. I might put a 572 in it not sure or just go with a 350 or somthing.

thanks for looking

Manny

blazerprimer.jpg

blazersideview.jpg

blazersidea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How have I missed this thread for so long? I love S-Series trucks! I got a couple Syclone kits I hope to get going on soon, as well as a few Blazer and Sanoma kits I want to combine, and a die-cast 4X4 I'm setting up with ZR2 flairs, cowl hood, bumper, and light bar like mine. So not gonna get them all done soon but now I know where to post the progress pics.

Here's my rig.

DSCN2947.jpg

Edited by Toast

Talking about this model got me in the mood to start working on it again.

Here's how it looked when I pulled it out of the box.

P1000878.jpg

Stripped the paint and filed down the little spoiler.

S-10-01.jpg

Built the ZR2 flairs.

S-10-02.jpg

I had to trim some of the flair away to allow the doors to open. Oh well, on this beast the flairs are just for show anyway.

S-10-03.jpg

Working on matching the bumper and interior to my Z. It's pretty cool, the model has flames molded into the door panel that resemble flames that I actually have on my door panels.

• 1 month later...

Nice man! I saw you posted it on s10 forum. What's the plans?

I've been busy with work and school. Not much of a model update but I'm finally getting my cab corners done on my 1:1. Looks great so far too. Also going to have the drivers side bed flare grinder down and fixed because it's bubbled. Can't wait to get it back!

Cab corners:

6214621f.jpg

1df4e6ee.jpg

The junk that was inside the drivers side:

748c3176.jpg

New corners:

240e2d2f.jpg

b675a694.jpg

Bottom lip of the tailgate getting done:

bdf92d22.jpg

43445e21.jpg

ecaec5e4.jpg

And yes I know there will be a tape line, but I plan on getting the truck repainted completely done the road anyways.

Edited by Jared Roach

Well I got some news today about my truck, it has had body work done to it before! My dad bought it second hand in '02, and between '99 and '02 the whole left bedside had been repainted. On the fender flare on the left bedside had bondo from before I got it. It was done right, but I had to get some rust fixed on it anyways. The guy doing the body work was sanding it down and came across it. It wasn't filled with bondo, just a small area that was dinged and fixed. Well I guess I can't claim it's never been damaged. :) I always wondered why there was a very little color difference between the cab and the bed if it was in direct sunlight. But all is good and hopefully I'll have it back soon.

the green is the new stuff, and the white is sealer they used on it before:

5dec4e48.jpg

ec4a08e0.jpg

a3e51068.jpg

left corner almost done:

90209d68.jpg

So yea I'm quite surprised, but it all adds up now if I really think about it.

Edited by Jared Roach

i cant wait to get my s10 geez lets see here what i will eventually do to itmmmm.... aftermarket freeflowing dual exhaust , cold air intake < and that will and or should wake it up! :) maybe aftermarket wheels say s/s cragers! ;)

I guess I'll show off my old ZR2....I say old because I sold it not too long ago.

It started life as a run-of-the mill '99 ZR2, aside from a few mods and bolt-ons it stayed relatively stock for a few years. Then around 140k the intake gasket went and flooded my engine with coolant. So like anyone who didn't want to spend $6500 for a replacement 4.3 crate engine....I built up a V8.

~98 model L31 5.7 "Vortec" engine, Scat forged bottom end, Mahle flat-top pistons, Comp Xtreme 4x4 cam. It came in around 388cui with ~10.5:1 compression. It made over 500lb-ft of torque from 1000-3500 RPM. It was my daily driver for about 8-months, it drove just like stock with the added benefit of being able to out-tow every full size truck in town.

Engine-1.jpg

0_IMAG0329.jpg

0_IMAG0332.jpg

0_IMAG0389.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

looks to stock so much i had to count spake plugs :unsure: looks great her to gm for a great truck love s10s all years see gm you should did a v8 s10 truck form :lol:

sure it would look stock... all the 4.3 ltr v6 is was a 350 with the front two cylinders cut off!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just brought it home today. '01 S10 LS, 4.3L, 4SPD Auto, Dealer installed Hard Tonneau, AM/FM/CD, 3 RD door, Step box, 96,000 KMS.

Going to get it at 10 AM this morning:

GEDC0560.jpg

GEDC0561.jpg

After a quick Wash, Chamois, Wax and Polish

GEDC0565.jpg

GEDC0566.jpg

GEDC0573.jpg

Future plans are to get 2 more tires to replace the backs, 1 side emblem to replace the stolen one, K&N cold air kit and a nice Magnaflow muffler.

Nick