Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 inter KB5 twin turbo hilborn injected V10 street legal rig rod

• 2 weeks later...

A little work on the rear end,

the copper links are just for fit test, the real one will be made from stainless rod. The lower coilover mounts will also be the bracket for the wishbone.
The coilover are from micro Nitro, the rod ends are from RB motion the uppers coilover mounts are from futurattraction and the lower is from dirt modellers.

100_3015_zps9e5e59df.jpg

100_3014_zps5e29efdb.jpg

100_3013_zpsf0d6b0e9.jpg

100_3017_zps2cc3417a.jpg

Edited by midengineaddict

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks GoatGuy, I'm very upset by the solidity aspect of this project. Everything except very rare parts like the engine block and rear end are 3d printed everything hels is made of metal and very heavy, all parts of the front axle is metal work for that reason, you will see later...
Some progress on the intake ( I'm very busy so my project is progressing very slowly )

100_3021_01_zps1ebdfbc8.jpg

100_3020_01_zpsc29ef6d7.jpg

no that rig need a blower to be nasty but in a good way :wub:

tooltas, I think a lot about your comment and I agreed with you. The Hilborn injection look is too ''good guy'' for this project. But I try to build a big displacement no boost engine so this is the solution I thought for the nasty look, (they will be modified and adapted)

this scoop,

100_3023_01_zpsdc4d23fa.jpg

or this one

100_3026_01_zps29847c7d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone identify this part from the photo-etch piece on the left in the picture above?

http://s239.photobucket.com/user/Belair2k8/media/Whatisthispart_zpsa932254a.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Belair2k8/media/Whatisthispart_zpsa932254a.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=138837450175409575825828045279

I believe it's labelled as part of the disk brakes but I can't see how it would be attached.

Anyone?

Looks like it's meant to be wrapped around the rotor to give the look of it being vented but that's just a guess.

You'r right, you need the fujimy F40 plastic disc, the pe disc have to be glued in the front and the other part wrapped around.... but I will not use it.

I bought 4 pairs of these http://www.tedsmodelingmarketplace.com/drilled-rotor-pair-large-rear-1-16/ , I will try to glue 2 of them in the center with a vented patern and glue 1 plain pe in each side, hope it will look good. they will be ''bolted'' to http://www.tedsmodelingmarketplace.com/rear-brake-set-with-carbon-fiber-rotors-1-pair-1-16/ the discs seems to be designed to fit the hubs, the fit is perfect.

I hade work a lot those last weeks, I hope to have time for hobby soon

Thanks for looking

You can have Hilborn FI and boost. Tried posting pics and links, but my phone is not cooperating. Look up "Early hemi guide to death". Its an article from Hot Rod magazine with pictures of an engine with twin turbos feeding a Hilborn setup. It has two "logs", one feeding each side of the engine, but IMHO, a single log or rectangular box looks more aggressive.

Thanks Lee and Dave, this is a very cool set up

I didn't think about that, I'm very exited about the idea.

This is my first engine mock up, the scoop is the 1:24 short hood scoop from TDR.

This scoop can be easily modified for feeding the PSI's to the Hilborn set up.

But I will think about making my own double or single ''Log'' ''Hillborn feeder''

100_3070_00_zps9ec05e28.jpg

100_3067_zps0ee1c67c.jpg