Model Cars Magazine Forum

All new Citroen DS19 kit

fumi

I would be surprised if we didn't get a few different versions of the DS, since we've gotten versions on all the other releases. On the 2CV van, I see we are getting a pickup next. There are several versions of the Renault. Maybe with the DS we'll get a two door, a convertible and since this is coming from Europe maybe a wagon! The wagon version is really cool looking!

I would be surprised if we didn't get a few different versions of the DS, since we've gotten versions on all the other releases. On the 2CV van, I see we are getting a pickup next. There are several versions of the Renault. Maybe with the DS we'll get a two door, a convertible and since this is coming from Europe maybe a wagon! The wagon version is really cool looking!

I can't too much at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ebbro release the Safari/Break version of the DS and the Citroen Ami 6 ....

I have a 1:43 diecast of a DS Coupe called Le Dandy, I belive it was made by Chapron. As I see it the two most obvious versions apart from the one already on the way would be the facelifted post 67 version and the Safari (wagon), in a way that could be 3 versions as you would have two wagons (pre and post 67) aswell as the two sedans.

Being realistic, I assume the DS 21 nose could be grafted on to the 19 without too much cost.

I really want a DS 23 Pallas, fuel injection was still rare back then in 1973. Apparantly the plan for the DS was a flat 6 engine, alas there was no money so the old Traction Avant engine was used, dating back to the stone age.

Europe only went to fuel injection for everything in 92 when legislation demanded it along with unleaded and cats.

• 2 months later...

The price has adjusted to $64.92.

If the Japanese are selling it at that price, I DREAD to see what the U.S. price will be!

Meh, the heck with it, these are cool.

Charlie Larkin

That's the retail price, the sales price is below it, and is actually down a few pennies to $61.68.

When HLJ lists it next week after Golden Week ends I predict a lower price below $60.

Is it stiff? Well you're talking about a "boutique" producer at this point. EBBRO doesn't have 50 years of old tooling they can wrap in nostalgic box art and sell a bunch of for the umpteenth reissue. This is a full detail kit of an admittedly odd car without many variants for further releases beyond updating to the later model cycle, the convertible, and maybe the wagon.

Low volume kit from scratch. You guys want one, you'll have to pay the freight. This is the reality of why Revell is the way they are when it comes to not kitting up that odd 70s land yacht I see requested all the time. Imagine the rioting if they announced a $50 1/25 kit.

Edited by niteowl7710