Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner SD and wiggle wagons [CF pair]

thanks guys, rear panel didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but I can live with it.

Mark, the green is 'krylon short cuts' [small can] Hunter green. I must say, I didn't care for the paint itself, but it was the best 'looking' green I could find for this project.

thanks all. slightly stalled on this at the moment. as I was waiting for the cab to dry, I started a few other projects, lol [66 chevelle and a 69 Camaro]. should be back on to it shortly though, thanks for following along.

Great start,and very nice job on painting it the cf colors. I think the inside of the cab ,seats,door panels was a med brown. I will check,and see if I can find a past story of this build, It's in a older model mag.

thanks, that will help a lot. I picked up a medium looking brown paint the other day, so I think one way or another it's going to be some shade of brown....lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What did you use for putty on the fuel tanks ?

It looks like they turned out fantastic after sanding !

Thanks

I used Tamiya white putty on them, and a ton of sanding.

thanks for the compliment :)

Dan, I think we all know why I haven't made progress on this, haha :D

any and all input on this build is appreciated, I have looked at Hanks site and all the CF pic's, but no interior shots yet, so any help on that would be great. as I say, I plan to get close, but not perfect.

I managed to get the cab 'smoothed' out as far as the roof seam goes, and have a round of sanding to do on the back panel seams.

I did however get the tanks done today, not as perfect as I would have liked, but they are good 'one footers'

photo_zps1a237e6a.jpg

photo_zps73af433c.jpg

I will post as many pic's as I can on this build, still have yet to start on the trailers, so stay tuned...........

Darn perfect from my view !!!

How did you do the tank straps ? They look fantastic !!

Mike, thanks :)

Jeff, I used BMF on the straps, then outlined them with a sharpie micro pen.

I hate doing fuel tanks, such a time consuming part of the build, I like easy body work, lol.

I really need to get back to this build.....

Edited by tbill

Mike, thanks :)

Jeff, I used BMF on the straps, then outlined them with a sharpie micro pen.

I hate doing fuel tanks, such a time consuming part of the build, I like easy body work, lol.

I really need to get back to this build.....

Awesome !

Thank you ! the BMF and Sharpie is a great way to get that razor sharp black edge on the straps and also on the bands.

I'll be using that trick on mine for sure!

Great tip!