Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

Rick that was absolutely hilarious. I would have to say that Mike Grovers has to be the greatest one yet. That old school picture is so cool and Qwit pushin is equally as great. Dr. I would be more than happy to share some graffiti with you...these three I did last spring on my garage walls because well I own my house and I can ha. I currently write TAZ now which stands for Total Art Zen...

004fj.jpg

016kfw.jpg

019uv.jpg

This is my Sketchbook

001tst.jpg

My Avatar is a combination. It represents both the area where i live (it's a picture I took out our front window) and my all time favorite Racing Team. The name, well it's been with me since High School and followed ever since. Infact many folks that I worked with over the years thought my last name was Ed :huh:

Here's a pic of what you would have seen outside my office at Tandem Computers when I worked there.

DoorPlate.jpg

Jammer, because that's what we were called when I drove the 30's vintage red buses in Glacier National Park. Luna for moon (a girlfriend thing) then combined them.

Avatar from a photo I took of my best friend's '54 Chevy. I redrew it in Illustrator for a t-shirt, then just tweaked it to use here too.

Cranky thanks for the interest and nice comment, I have never been to Florida, maybe one day I can come paint your wall with a eyegore character and all :) Andy I wish I had a rusty '30 ford in my garage and Ed your name plaque is cool, I am sure I would look twice if that was ever on a office door. Liam for a short time I had NetFlix and watched every single trailer park boys episode/movie I could.....I love that Avatar.

My name is my first initial, middle initial and last name. I never could come up with a decent online name and my last name isn't exactly common anyway, so it fits. As for my avatar, it is a photoshopped image of myself (back when I used to fly a private plane) into a scene from Space 1999 (since SF is something else I do). Why did I load it here, because I didn't really have a decent car centric photo (yet) and well, seeing as how these helmets were converted 1970s motorcycle helmets, it kind of works.

Besides, I am "driving" in the picture (and I shot the face shot when I was cruising over central Illinois at 10,500 feet at the time). ;)

JMCEaglepilot1small.jpg

Guest Dr. Odyssey

Iam the hal-9000 and everything is fine Dave.....Twinkel twinkel little star h.o..w...  I.....woun...d.....er...... w......h..........a............t..........y.................o......................u................................a.............................................r.................................................e

Duuuuude! Awesome! Still not as cool as The Dude, but what the heck.

Wow! This topic turned into something really cool! We're all learning a little about each other and hopefully will continue to do so. I was afraid noone would take this thread seriously, but 4 pages in a day prove otherwise. Very cool, guys! Now, lets keep them coming!

Edited by JollySipper

what about your username and pic harry?...lol....i cant wait to hear it

Not much mystery there.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out how I picked my screen name... :lol:

And the avatar is also pretty self-explanatory, I think. If Gregg's the sheriff around here, I guess I'd be the deputy.

My avitar is my 1:1 ride & the handle is a combination from 2 sources. When I first started as an apprentice they nicknamed me 'Mung' & it stuck. I found out years later it was short for 'Humungous'....... I guess they must have snuck a peek in the shower room.... lol.. The hyper was added later when I was racing 1/8 scale nitro buggies... ie: Hyper 7, Hyper 8

My avatar is a build that I did just for fun but you know that some alien somewhere has customized his UFO. As far as the screen name, it comes from two things. One is the instrumental tune "Mr. Moto" recorded by The Bel Airs in 1962. It's generally considered the first ever surf music hit and it still sound awesome. The other thing is the very cool Mr. Moto series of detective/spy movies that Peter Lorrie did.

Mine is pretty easy. First initial, middle initial, first three of my last name. Been using this since my AOL days as it's easier to remember one username, or variation of it, than to try and remember thirty different ones. :D

Mine's pretty simple, I own a 1:1 '55 Chevrolet 3200 pickup, which is the long bed 1/2 ton. I try to use the same name on all the sites I'm on, or some variation of it.

The current avatar is Mok from the movei Rock & Rule, but is subject to change depending on my mood. I used to do the same thing when I was active on the Gearz site, usually with a monthly "Guess the avatar" post.

Well I used to race cars and my car number was 77 as given to my by BellClair Speedway when I showed up without one the first time I raced myown car. The number stuck.

My avatar is the wheel from the first racing photo I took that was published. Technically I gave away the rights to the photo (was to young to read the fine print). Since that photo I have had several others published and won several photography contests.

<<<< Pretty self explanatory. My main ride is a 1981 Jeep Wagoneer, one of the most bulletproof, go anywhere vehicles ever to hit the pavement. I am a big fan of the Full Size Jeeps and anything with a Willys/Overland heritage...

Here's a better shot, taken at my old place... I paid $200 for it back in '05, drove it home on the battery, rewired the ignition system, replaced a cooked alternator and replaced the floorboards, inner and outer rocker panels with new sheetmetal and did some serious patching of the rear quarterpanels. My cheap, saving grace was that Rustoleum 'Sand' in the rattlecan is the same shade as the factory tan... The brown is courtesy of a few .99 cent enamel rattlecans. I had a '97 F-150 at the time as well. When I went off work for medical reasons in '09, I sold the Ford and kept the Jeep.... That should say something about the old beast...

2qldeg4.jpg

Edited by Wagoneer81