Model Cars Magazine Forum

You still see a few later model 9000s running the roads in Oz, but you don't see many gems like this. As soon as I saw him I had to get a photo-op. Owner said he was originally a road tractor, but he was converted for home removal. A lot of the old heritage houses here are sliced in halves and transported to places better suited for preservation purposes. My previous house was. Typically they strap a half to a truck and hit the accelerator. Quickest way is easiest.
This guy had his rears replaced for the duties, and an NH-6-B tucked under his hood, which wouldn't fit properly. A hammer, a crowbar and a couple of dirty words later and they got it in there, but, as you can see, the completed job wasn't the prettiest even when the old man was a bit younger. I wanted to open the hood and get some more pictures of the engine, but since the owner wasn't around and the hood looked fragile as it was I didn't want to have to break any bad news to him, so I let it be.
8513486603_d9b2bcc0ba.jpg