Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Herb Thomas Hudson Hornet

jjsipes

Started another one this week, like I need anymore in the works. Its a Moeibus Flock Hudson that will be used for the 53 Herb Thomas Hornet. I will use the 53 interior and trim pieces from the stock 53 kit, then I can make a stock 52 when I get the time. Anyway, I cut out the skirts and puttied the forward most skirt line since it appeared to be molded incorrectly. Primed with Tamiya White Primer. Then I broke out my airbrush for the first time in year and sprayed the body. I mixed Testors Navy Blue Gray and some Testors Sea Blue and then sprayed tesotrs Lacquer Clear over it and this is what I got. It is alittle more gray in person than the pictures show. Its needs to be wet sanded and polished before I can apply bare-metal foil and the decals.

ThomasHudson_zpsdfa67c98.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

• 11 years later...

Thank you, Jason. Thats a lot better than putting up with Photobucket's dirty dealings. You should switch your service to postimage.org. It works quite well, and you just have to put up with advertisements. You don't really need a service to post your pictures here. They can come right out of your own computers picture files. No picture sharing service needed.

5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Thank you, Jason. Thats a lot better than putting up with Photobucket's dirty dealings. You should switch your service to postimage.org. It works quite well, and you just have to put up with advertisements. You don't really need a service to post your pictures here. They can come right out of your own computers picture files. No picture sharing service needed.

That's what I've been doing for awhile now. Postimg.cc on other forums and just loafing from my device be it phone or computer. Thanks for the comments